All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vicgarin
join:2011-01-06

vicgarin

Harper's Internet Surveillance Legislation - Lest we forget

People seem to have forgotten that in 2009 the Conservatives introduced their Internet Surveillance Legislation in the form of Bill C-46 and Bill C-47. There was a big uproar at that time. And now people have gone to sleep? Do they not remember?

Sadly, too many people are prepared to see other people's rights limited, reduced and restricted in the interests of furthering some agenda of their own, and do not realize that this is a slippery slope. Rights we are prepared to see taken away from someone else today, may lead to rights we value being taken away from us tomorrow.

Here is a refresher: CBC article: Electronic snooping bill a 'data grab': privacy advocates - http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/06/19/tech-internet-communications-electronic-police-bills-surveillance-follo-privacy.html

Vote by Mail - For those too lazy to go out and vote

Just fill out the application found on www.elections.ca and fax it to your Local elections office.

Then you are good to go.

Also this is a good opportunity to make your family members vote.

hidingnmyden
@telus.net

hidingnmyden

Anon

quote:
....Vonn said she was most concerned that the new legislation would allow the government to obtain personal information about internet subscribers from their internet service provider without a warrant.

Police have not provided a good reason why they need that power, Vonn said. "You have to show us that the warrant process is not working."

The information that can be obtained by police under that provision, such as names, email addresses, and IP addresses,......
»bccla.org/

What has actually happened in Canada due to little bypasses of the law and legal system? Read on.

Do we really want to be more like the U.S.?
Do you enjoy being fondled at the airport?
Or do you enjoy getting potential skin cancer from the xray digital strip search?
Notice that dark van outside and all the hits on your secure routers WiFi? Notice repeating hits from one particular IP(whois: government?) from the Internet on your firewall or Router.

Remember when roadblocks were just for stopping all vehicles to find drunks, and now roadblocks(against judges orders) are now being used to find any crime(against judges orders) and the officer eventually declares the driver innocent until the next roadblock down the street.

For those that have websites, notice your logs and how many hits from the rcmp's IP address. They are just making sure you are being a good citizen or collecting information on you for future happenings.

BC Hydro violates user privacy laws and gives out(no warrant) user meter reading of above 95kiliwatts average per day, by permission of a illegal bylaw(lawsuit by the »bccla.org/ is just getting started). No warrant needed for the "safety inspection" of your house and accompanied by the police in some cases. Just imagine when WiFi digital power meters are out and the police get the power data logs for your meter and make the meter report by the minute instead of by the hour(oh you turned on a light, but something is still sucking 40 amps of power for two hours now).

Even some ISP's are using DPI to scan your surfing habits to 'sell' to other companies for profit. Aggregated data is actually traceable back to each user. Some ISP's(Rogers) are injecting data into your Internet connection. Some ISP's are hijacking your DNS lookups for profit.
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

xtachx to vicgarin

to vicgarin
I vote for the deletion of this thread and the poster be banned. This is blatant astroturfing.

No I dont see strange packets on my router from the government. What I do see is an astroturfing troll on the loose and I HATE THIS !@!@#14,lk423!!

And while we are at it - we should have laws banning these things.
vicgarin

vicgarin

I never said anything about "strange packets on my router from the government"?
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

xtachx

said by vicgarin:

I never said anything about "strange packets on my router from the government"?

The other guy did. Your post seemed like a "dont vote conservative..." post .. but it was ok overall. The other post was total spam.
quote:
Notice that dark van outside and all the hits on your secure routers WiFi? Notice repeating hits from one particular IP(whois: government?) from the Internet on your firewall or Router.

For his kind info, I DONT notice these. This is just plain ridiculous.
vicgarin

vicgarin to hidingnmyden

to hidingnmyden
Thankfully, those 2 Bills died on the Order Paper, when the Parliament was prorogued.

I admit I voted Conservatives in the last election, but was shocked by the Bills introduced by them. Everyday, I regret making my family to also come with me and vote Conservatives.

steviewhy
join:2007-12-10

steviewhy to vicgarin

to vicgarin
They'll never catch me; I wrap everything in foil.

liveNlearn
@videotron.ca

liveNlearn to vicgarin

Anon

to vicgarin
said by vicgarin:

I admit I voted Conservatives in the last election, but was shocked by the Bills introduced by them. Everyday, I regret making my family to also come with me and vote Conservatives.

Let that be a lesson to you. I hope you don't vote for that extremest harper again.

jackr4
join:2004-03-10
Barrie, ON

jackr4 to xtachx

to xtachx
I'll gladly say it. F*ck the Conservative. F*ck Harper. F*ck his brown shirt, goose stepping supporters. He's a Nazi.

BingoRingo
join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC

BingoRingo to vicgarin

to vicgarin
I think the CBC article is not telling the truth because the way they say it would go against the constitution (The Charter of Liberties and Freedom being part of it), and would thus be illegal.

And to call Harper an extremist demonstrates a weak knowledge of politics, both local and international, especially when no arguments are advanced to back up your claim.

I don't think we have an extremist leader in any of the parties in this election, but the closest might be Gilles Duceppe who keeps on lying and is very close to left wing movements.
BingoRingo

BingoRingo to jackr4

to jackr4
said by jackr4:

I'll gladly say it. F*ck the Conservative. F*ck Harper. F*ck his brown shirt, goose stepping supporters. He's a Nazi.

Thanks for proving to all the readers that you are an idiot. You should read about the nazis before using that term, you are an insult to our intelligence and an insult to those who died because fo the Nazis, and should be banned from this forum.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Jeez, who brought in the thought police?

goosestep
@videotron.ca

goosestep to BingoRingo

Anon

to BingoRingo
said by BingoRingo:

Thanks for proving to all the readers that you are an idiot. You should read about the nazis before using that term, you are an insult to our intelligence and an insult to those who died because fo the Nazis, and should be banned from this forum.

Bingo_Ringo go away and take your extremist views and love for harper with you. k? Thanx.