spc
Search similar:

uniqs
klross32148
join:2003-02-23
Orange Park, FL

klross32148

SB6120, connectivity drop but lights stay on

Been having a weird issue maybe three days in a row. All connectivity to the modem (including the 192.168.100.1 modem page) stops but the lights seem like they're normal. I've let the modem sit about 15-20 minutes and no response. There's also nothing in the logs.

Is this a modem issue or ISP? I know my ISP is currently unstable (Comcast tech said they're changing some sort of hardware, believe he said a "transmitter", within the next two weeks).

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

There was another thread where a bunch of people ran into the same issue. Usually, a reboot fixes it. For some, it happened 2 or 3 days in a row, then was fine.
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by andyross:

There was another thread where a bunch of people ran into the same issue. Usually, a reboot fixes it. For some, it happened 2 or 3 days in a row, then was fine.

Well also if all lights on the modem are solid(even the activity light), and your using a router. There could be a problem between modem and router. So checking your ethernet cable between the modem and router, and the router. If your direct connected to the modem check ethernet cable between the two and possible your NIC. I would first reset the modem, and see if anything was logged besides you rebooting the modem. If nothing in there keep a eye out on what I posted above.