TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to Elite

Re: Arris Docsis 3 Modem Login Info

Just guesses on my part. I believe the VoIP is simple for signaling that the modem needs capacity to send and receive and that the bandwidth is dynamically allocated. I believe the actual send rate would be higher around 100kbps.

A very wild guess on the ADC part is Analog to Digital Conversion, so it is the Telephone input side analog sample rate which gets converted to digital (DS) and the Digital that gets converted to analog (US).
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

angelom

join:2000-02-04
Centereach, NY
Curiously... I telnet to Arris modem and get password prompt.
It wont accept any input for password. Sorry for hijack but what am i doing wrong ?

chunk73
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fairfield, CT
said by angelom:

Curiously... I telnet to Arris modem and get password prompt.
It wont accept any input for password. Sorry for hijack but what am i doing wrong ?

Did you generate the password using the tool?
Also, the cursor doesnt move when you type, however dont be fooled, the password is still being input.

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-10
Baldwin, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to chunk73
I just had a technician here to run a new line for my modem to a splitter at the drop point to fix my upstream signal levels. I also received an Arris TM802 modem to also fix my congestion problems (D3 bonding cure) on my area node since I was seeing significant slowdowns during peak hours, thus my frustration to call Cablevision.

Anyway, I've looked through this thread to find out how to get inside the Arris, and also downloaded the tool via link provided in the original post. However I'm having an issue with entering the password given by the application.

Today's password seems to be: 8URBQWVPKL

It seems I'm having the same issue as angelom See Profile, two posts above this one.
Enter password>
Invalid password entered (1/3 allowed attempts)

Enter password>

It's probably something simple that I'm overlooking, but what am I doing wrong?

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04

1 recommendation

The letters must be in upper case. Turn on the caps lock key.

Also, your system time and date must be correct.

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Thanks, Bobcat79 See Profile; it worked.
And looks like my upstream signal levels has been fixed.
Looks good; 44.25 dBmV [line 13]
PGA gain code is 45
PGA current is:      3
Current Full Scale:  45.201000
PloadMinSet:         -1.000000
Initial PloadMinSet: -1.000000
Power Reporting:    Yes

Digital Att :    1.553101           9.127320        9.127320        9.127320
Frquency    :   35.500000          10.000000       10.000000       10.000000
Symbol rate :        5120                  0               0               0
modulation  :       64QAM                ERR             ERR             ERR
SCDMA mode  :           0                  0               0               0
rep power   :     44.2500            -1.0000         -1.0000         -1.0000
Upstream    :           7                ---             ---             ---

Phigh       :     57.0000             0.0000          0.0000          0.0000
PLow        :     24.1800             0.0000          0.0000          0.0000
PdrwHigh    :     57.0000             0.0000          0.0000          0.0000
PdrwLow     :     24.1800             0.0000          0.0000          0.0000
deltaPf     :      0.6022             0.0000          0.0000          0.0000

LLStarks
I've been here a while
Premium
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY

1 recommendation

I'm getting an Arris web interface now. Can't access telnet anymore.

»192.168.100.1/cgi-bin/status_cgi

Password of the day doesn't work for the advanced page.
--
I know before you even speak that you're wrong.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Still telnet over here in the Morris system.

drake
Overdosed on confidence
Premium,MVM
Baldwin, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to LLStarks
I haven't checked for telnet access to my Arris modem as of yet, but the web interface is working here in Brooklyn.

Arris TM802 Stats

I'll update the FAQs for Arris accordingly when the upgrade is system-wide.

chunk73
Premium
Fairfield, CT

1 edit
reply to LLStarks
Just confirmed with my arris modem that if you currently have telnet access a reboot of the modem will switch you to web based access. I just logged in via telnet with regular POTD, restarted the modem via CLI and now telnet no longer works but web access is functional. Must be a new config that only pushes down upon bootup of the modem. Must say it is much easier than having to generate a POTD.

Also advanced page requests the POTD to gain access but that doesnt appear to work. Tried passwords a couple days back and couple days forward but no dice. Tried the usual "admin" type passwords but nothing, not blank either. Im sure someone here will figure it out!

chunk73
Premium
Fairfield, CT
reply to chunk73
Anyone able to figure out yet how to get into the advanced settings page on the web GUI?

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to chunk73
Either Arris got wise and changed the algorithm for their POTD, or they're using some kind of seed or salt to get drastically different values.

You can attempt to do some "recovery" via SNMP, but that might not work, if at all.

And I don't think anyone here has much of an interest in dumping and disassembling the ROM.
--
QUAD!!!!

cablewizzard

join:2009-06-14
Hicksville, NY
kudos:1
said by Elite:

Either Arris got wise and changed the algorithm for their POTD, or they're using some kind of seed or salt to get drastically different values.

You can attempt to do some "recovery" via SNMP, but that might not work, if at all.

And I don't think anyone here has much of an interest in dumping and disassembling the ROM.

You have no business in cracking the "advanced" password, and it's obviously not the POTD - the fact that it isn't sends a very clear message, and that is: "keep out". Attempting to do so is clearly in criminal territory, if you've followed resent prosecutions under the CFAA (»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_F···buse_Act).

There's no SNMP access (nice try), and if the feature was disabled in firmware, there's no point in poking around a ROM. There's no ROM.

So, apparently CV corrected what all of us here wanted: the user-accessible UI at »192.168.100.1 turned back on for the Arris TM802, on par for other platforms, so we can all see the basic operating conditions of the device. And the telnet access has been disabled, as it should be: noone here has valid business reasons for that access.

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
reply to chunk73
There is in fact SNMP access. How do you think OOL communicates with the modem? You just don't have access to it.

Also, this is an embedded device, so it has a ROM, and that ROM was flashed with firmware.
--
QUAD!!!!

LLStarks
I've been here a while
Premium
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to cablewizzard
Instead of using 75% of your posts to disparage user curiosity, why not use your expertise to be more constructive?

I should be able to play around with a modem I purchase in the same manner as I play around with a router.

This isn't uncapping or anything unethical.
--
I know before you even speak that you're wrong.

death2all110
Premium
join:2008-06-15
Pekin, IL
I'm on comcast and we're trying to figure out how to access... Password Of The Day generators aren't working for our web interface.
Good luck to you guys!

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
It doesn't work for me either.

georgew3
Premium
join:2003-07-23
Pflugerville, TX
reply to death2all110
The POTD generator isn't working for you because Comcast uses a non-default password generator seed.

You aren't missing much, it is interesting to look at, but nothing overly useful.