share rss forum feed

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA
reply to NgtFlyer

Re: Poor experiences with the new Megapath company

said by NgtFlyer:

Sadly it's down to AT&T Uverse or Comcast where I live, so I have signed up for 50/10 Comcast business Internet service. I'll be paying a bit more, but I will have far more bandwidth and no data cap. I work in IT. I have servers. I work from home frequently and this involves transferring a lot of data. Plus, I am a power user. I watch video podcasts and download several others.

Based on my experience, I don't think you'll be disappointed with Comcast. Their biz support comes as close to the "old" Speakeasy as anyone; they are really quite good, technically competent and focused on fixing the problem. Usually short hold queues, too. And 50/10 is one of those things that is very easy to like. Need a 2GB ISO? Downloaded in a few minutes. Read up on how to put their CPE in pseudo bridge mode if you are using static IPs.

NgtFlyer

join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA
My Comcast order to live was a week, install went fine, CPE is in pseudo-bridged mode and all is well. I get a tad over the advertised speed and I find that often, the site I am downloading from is the bottleneck. 50/10 will spoil you very quickly. I've had the service for just over a week now and haven't encountered any issues. I'm glad I made the switch.