Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2
reply to joebear29

Re: Blockbuster used to be ok

How does the song go?

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end".

Just as you stated, the old mom & pop joints were put out of business by places like Blockbuster, etc. Nothing wrong with it. It's just the marketplace adapting to demand.

So, along comes Netflix, and Redbox, and iTunes. Once again, the marketplace adapts to demand, and what was yesterday's success it today's end of life cycle technology.

One day, and that day WILL come, Netflix will be gobbled up by some other method of delivery. People will be posting in forums someplace like this about how Netflix is so 2011.

Out of date, and antiquated! Why get movies over your DVD player when they can beam them directly to your brain, or some shit like that.

I can remember my father joining the local video shop down the street. It was something like a $100 buy in (in 1984) and the first move he could get was "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".
--
Petty people are disproportionally corrupted by petty power

Timmn

join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T Yahoo
·DIRECTV

1 recommendation

said by N3OGH:

I can remember my father joining the local video shop down the street. It was something like a $100 buy in (in 1984) and the first move he could get was "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was so bad it was great!