Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to joebear29

Re: Blockbuster used to be ok

said by joebear29:

This may go against the “Blockbuster Fail” sentiment, but I really appreciated the company in the mid-90s. I remember when the local video store would literally have one copy of a new release, and it would take weeks to rent it. I really felt Blockbuster brought a really nice, efficient operation that improved my own personal experience from the hole-in-the-wall video store that preceded it in my town.

Much in the same way people have appreciated Wal-Mart coming into their area. Well, except for any small business owner that the new store crushes.

joebear29

join:2003-07-20
Alabaster, AL
Exactly, I couldn't agree more. While I feel bad for the small video store, they just couldn't provide as good of an experience.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to cdru
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc and Sam's West, Inc (both WM Companies) are just out right HORRIBLE for the public. Their one of the worst employers in the World, and the most harmful in the terms of environmentally friendly. They don't care about you, me, Grandma who works for them because they ran her former employer out of business along with every other employee. The only thing that company cares about is putting their $$$ in their pocket while screwing the public in general. WM is an EVIL company its about time more and more Cities start standing up to them and blocking them from building.
Expand your moderator at work

joebear29

join:2003-07-20
Alabaster, AL
reply to hottboiinnc

Re: Blockbuster used to be ok

I like my local Wal-Mart, but to each their own.

Most small businesses the Wal-Mart replaced were overpriced and had tiny selections.