spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

setta

@buckeyecom.net

license renewal!

Just went to reinstate/renew license. Unfortunately my license expired while i was suspended; so by default I was stuck paying the $20 late fee on top of renewal. Very frustrating when already living paycheck to paycheck! All the little things add up.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
You shouldn't have gotten your license suspended in the first place.

Honestly, $20+ fees isn't too bad for a renew of a late license. They have expiration dates for a reason.
--
What smells like blue?

Nofair21

@sbcglobal.net
why is it that license for women is good for five years but for men, it is only good for four years?

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to setta
I think that suspension is going to cost a lot more than the $20 renewal will.

But hey... who knew?!?!?

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Nofair21
My wife's license is only good for 4 years as well as mine...

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
reply to Nofair21
I just renewed my license...renewal is for 4 yrs for both sexes.
--
Lonnie

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:1
reply to setta
Mine was good for five?

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to Nofair21
said by Nofair21 :

why is it that license for women is good for five years but for men, it is only good for four years?

Where are you getting this info from?
--
What smells like blue?

join:2011-03-27
reply to Omega
He is talking about the $20 late fee on top of the $25 renewal fee.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
I believe Omega knows that - that is why they references $20+ fees...

anon23

@sbcglobal.net
reply to setta
Are you guys/gals being asked for an ID when renewing your license? I never get asked for an ID when renewing my car registration but when it comes to renewing my licence, yes. Just wondering this is normal or just me.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County
For Ohio - a drivers license (for ID) is fine as long as it is not expired for more than 6 months.

»bmv.ohio.gov/acceptable_id_documents.stm

I have never had to to use anything other than my drivers license - even if getting a new drivers license. What is followed will also largely how the office is run.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

anon23

@sbcglobal.net
read that info too. Why I would be asked for an ID when renewing my DL make no sense to me since they have my ID. I go in, hand my DL to the person at the counter to renew my license, take the vision test(done by the same person who took my DL), got my picture taken(by the same person), and before I am handed the DL, I am being asked for an ID by the same person.

Maybe I should go to that link and get clarification as to whether the local office is doing something illegal or not. thx.

kados
Hail Odin
Premium
join:2003-03-14
Watertown, SD
kudos:1
reply to setta
Wow, you guys have it easy. In South Dakota, if your licence is suspended (for ANY reason), it costs $50 renewal fee. If it's expired or getting a new one, I think the fee is around $25. Now, just to get an ID or DL you have to have 3 forms of ID (credit card, birth certificate, etc) PLUS you need 3 items with your current address on it.
--
Bla Bla Bla