how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Goatbert

join:2003-12-10
Alexandria, VA

Connectivity in Columbia, MD

So the company I work for just leased some new space in Columbia, MD on Eli Whitney Drive. Its a beautiful space, perfect for our needs except apparently, its in some kind of bandwidth vortex. No FIOS, 60 days on a Comcast install and Verizon said they could do DSL but decided they couldn't at the last minute, leaving me completely screwed. I need something with at least 1.5mbit up to be installed there in the next 3 weeks, I think it might be impossible but if any of you know anyone who works connectivity in that area, I would really appreciate their number or email address.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
Maybe Covad or Clear? I put Covad in a number of clients in downtown DC and was completely satisfied with the service. Clear is wireless, has developed mixed reviews, but might be a good interim solution if you can't get wired service in a timely manner.
--
"Keep calm and carry on."

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Goatbert
In your situation I was thinking the venerable T1 might be an option. You might be able to do some comparison shopping here:

»www.t1wise.net/md/columbia.html
--
Verizon FIOS

Goatbert

join:2003-12-10
Alexandria, VA
reply to Goatbert
Yeah I was hoping I'd find some kind of site to site wireless ISP or something. Clear goes up to 10mbps down 1 up which I guess would work in a pinch but it won't be pretty. I only need this until Comcast gets their act together, they claim 60 days.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
Slow connectivity is better than no connectivity...
--
"Keep calm and carry on."