Ow, My Balls
Premium Member
join:2004-07-29
Las Cruces, NM

IT Guy to mikefxu

Premium Member

to mikefxu

Re: [seeking] Hosted Email Recommendations

Yes... It's the "reliable" part that seems to be the issue here.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu

I would recommend our current shared hosting provider Atlantic.net . The price is right, have had very few issues, maybe have to call them once per quarter. They have their own data center, people answer the phone and they are American.

»www.atlantic.net/Additio ··· ing.html

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI
Hitron EN2251
Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien

Defiance

Premium Member

said by mikefxu:

I would recommend our current shared hosting provider Atlantic.net . The price is right, have had very few issues, maybe have to call them once per quarter. They have their own data center, people answer the phone and they are American.

»www.atlantic.net/Additio ··· ing.html

Doubt that would work.The OP stated he uses at least "300GB" per month. The top plan there only offers 100GB. Out of the question.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu

I believe that number included 90% spam. With AppRiver the host would never see the quarantined mail unless the user released it.

IT Guy
Ow, My Balls
Premium Member
join:2004-07-29
Las Cruces, NM
Cisco ASA 5505
Cisco Meraki MX64

IT Guy to mikefxu

Premium Member

to mikefxu
The disk space is considerably low with this service and my past experience with VPS hosting has pretty much ruled this option out for the level of service we require. While we only have a handful of Webmail users, they would gobble the 50 MB up quickly. And practically everyone leaves messages on the server for at least a two-week period. I'm looking for more of an enterprise solution, closer to Google Apps offering. But thanks for your suggestion all the same.

So far, Apps is at the top of the running form me. I've looked at ixwebhosting.com, ipage.com and spamsoap.com and so far I'm not seeing anything with these hosting companies that fills me with confidence in their abilities.

Ixwebhosting.com has some good packages, but all sorts of conditions for support issues that I simply can't agree to. Their enterprise class comes pretty close to Apps' annual cost.

ipage.com isn't robust enough to meet our needs, from the information I gathered.

Spam Soap might be an option, but so far, Google is the front-runner if the boss agrees to it.