COMMAN
Plug Me In
join:2000-07-17
Mount Juliet, TN

COMMAN to OldschoolDSL

to OldschoolDSL

Re: [Bill] Rental Modems Fee - $10.00

As Achmed would say..."HOLY CRAP!!"

That's outrageous. Makes you wonder if Comcast wants to get away from renting modems. As often as the technology changes I could see the justification why, but I assumed they bought them cheap enough that if they could rent them for 12 months they would be into profit territory. Maybe it is too much capital tied up for the low rate of return; whatever the case, I'm not paying $10 / month for a modem. If they start charging for my SMC gateway, I'll just buy my own plain jane modem.
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

got a similar notice in Aprils bill ugh we just went up to $7 now its $10.... and cable cards went from $1.50 to $6.50! ugh... also cable boxes are going up from $7.50 to $12.75 almost as much as a DVR....

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

The odd thing is that the cost of electronics devices usually tends to go down over time, not up. And definitely not up by the percentages we are seeing here.

Donut
join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI

Donut to neufuse

to neufuse
I our fee's dont go up that high, my mom will have a stroke. Thats BS. They do that to us I will be filing complaints with my congressman.

castsucks
@sbcglobal.net

castsucks to COMMAN

Anon

to COMMAN
But they make it hard to buy a Emat and I head even when you buy one they what $25-$50+ for a tech install as well.
castsucks

castsucks to neufuse

Anon

to neufuse
said by neufuse:

got a similar notice in Aprils bill ugh we just went up to $7 now its $10.... and cable cards went from $1.50 to $6.50! ugh... also cable boxes are going up from $7.50 to $12.75 almost as much as a DVR....

Time for Directv Free HD with auto bill pay

flat $7 DRV free box 1 free (any one) and then $6 per box for any box can have 3 DRV and only pay $12 + $7 in rent. add flat $3 for MRV can have more then HDDVR in Directv MRV. Vs comcast $20+ for the main box and then $7.95-$8.95+ for each box on other tv's

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

Cthen to neufuse

Premium Member

to neufuse
Anyone can say "Glad I own my modem" however,
said by neufuse:

and cable cards went from $1.50 to $6.50! ugh... also cable boxes are going up from $7.50 to $12.75 almost as much as a DVR....

how is anyone going to avoid that?

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Cthen:

Anyone can say "Glad I own my modem" however,

said by neufuse:

and cable cards went from $1.50 to $6.50! ugh... also cable boxes are going up from $7.50 to $12.75 almost as much as a DVR....

how is anyone going to avoid that?

Switch to Dish/direct TV.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to neufuse

Premium Member

to neufuse
said by neufuse:

You just made my day! Finally MSOs are jacking up cable card fees!
ctggzg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-11
USA

ctggzg to Donut

Premium Member

to Donut
said by Donut:

I our fee's dont go up that high, my mom will have a stroke. Thats BS. They do that to us I will be filing complaints with my congressman.

On what grounds? That Internet service should be free? THAT is BS.

Donut
join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI
·Comcast XFINITY
Netgear CM1000
Synology RT2600ac

Donut

On the ground I should be able to buy a god damn box at the store and not have to pay for rent it. I used to be able to hook my cable up to the back of my tv no problem. So We should be able to buy cable boxes with no problem. When you live in an area where Comcast is your only choice you may think about where Im coming from. I don't think internet should be free, but the fact service providers keep increasing fees in area's with no competition just pisses me off. So I think maybe there needs to be regulation on price or I should be able to go down to my local best buy, buy a damned box and call Comcast and set it up, with no monthly fee.

And it is my right under the Constitution of the united states of America to contact my elected Representative with any grievances I may have.

On top of that I never said the Internet Service should be free. But when your paying 7 bucks for every box and mind you we have 5 TV's. And 7 bucks a month for the damned modem then you can see where the problem is. Unfortunately ATT has not brought Uverse in to Romulus yet so Its Comcast or we got nothing. So yes, I will contact Congressman Dingle and Put a complaint in with him. And I might complain to the FCC for the same reason.
Donut

Donut to ctggzg

to ctggzg
Where in that statement did I say the internet should be free. We have no problem paying for internet connectivity or paying for TV service. BUT I should not have to "RENT" the devices from the company. I should be able to go down the my local electronic store and buy my cable boxes and modem and take them home and call Comcast and they work, with no monthly fee's. Hell if we didn't have to have the digital voice modem professionally installed I would buy that so we can cut the stupid 7 bucks a month we pay for that. Seeing how my dream wont happen unless there is an act of God or Congress I'm betting on my congressman. So renting the device is Different from paying for the service. So next time don't just assume I'm not willing to pay for service.
ted_tech
join:2010-05-13
Wrightsville, PA

ted_tech to Donut

to Donut
You act like freakin' TV is a basic human right....last time I looked it was a luxury. Don't believe me ? Ask those starving people all over the world worrying about their next meal. Also you can put up an antenna and get free HD...kinda kills that congress nonsense doesn't it ??