Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Morac

Premium Member

to Morac

Re: Money > Truth

said by Morac:

That wouldn't be the case here. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk acquisition, but I don't see it failing.

I don't see it being stopped either. There may be significant conditions and a long process for approval, but I do think it will happen.

ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

ctceo

Premium Member

I agree.

The FCC would have to invest too many resources in stopping it this time. The fed can't afford that sort of effort right now with all of it's tentacles extended the world throughout on wars right now.

Besides our current oligarchy is run by the corporations that are feeding it now anyway. They'd simply be stepping on their wang to do otherwise.
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00

it's not the FCC's money that ATT's money needs to block.

it's the other corp's money, sprint/TWC whatever.

if ATT only spends the same amount of money that all the other corporations against this spend, it will lose.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by Gami00:

it's not the FCC's money that ATT's money needs to block.

it's the other corp's money, sprint/TWC whatever.

if ATT only spends the same amount of money that all the other corporations against this spend, it will lose.

I don't know why TWC would care at all as it doesn't affect them one way or another. I think only cell providers would care.

I don't think Verizon could care less, since the acquisition wouldn't really hurt them and might even benefit them. Also if Verizon decides it wants to purchase Sprint, then lobbying against the AT&T/T-Mobile merger will come back to bite them.

That leaves Sprint which doesn't have the capital to outspend AT&T.