Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
join:2004-06-09
South Elgin, IL

[DISH] Still need to connect to phone line?

Do you still need to have a Dish receiver connected to a phone line? I only have one receiver connected to a wall jack and I have shut off phone service and ordered U-verse/voice. No dial tone.
--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 edit

Internet can be used. They provided me home line wall plug that is connected to my wireless router. The power plug of the HD receiver also acts as internet path so the receiver uses our broadband connection. Some receivers have a RJ45 plug on the back as well.

If none of this works for you - then I believe there is a cost ($5.00 maybe).

»www.dishnetwork.com/getconnected···ult.aspx

TV2 Receiver Connection Fee
$5.00
You purchase or lease a dual-tuner receiver and it is not connected to a phone line and/or a broadband home network.

--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL

1 edit

I just have the 322. No HD or DVR. I went to Dish online support on their site using Chat. They said no the $5 fee is waved for me since I have paperless billing.?

I might phone them as well to get another opinion. I don't know if it has an ethernet port. If it does that;s not a problem. I;ll check when I get home.

Edit:
I called them to make sure and again they said no there is no $5 fee for me. Then they went on and said you know we can replace that 322 for you. They offed me a free HD dual tunner receiver (No DVR) and added HD programing free for life with just a $99 install fee. So I think I'll jump on that. I have OTA for my HD signal but I would not mind the History channel or A&E in HD.

--
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."

wings10
I Am Legend
Premium
South Elgin, IL
reply to CylonRed

Oh I'll add they said not being hooked up to a phone line would mean there are things I would not be able to do anymore like see my bill or go to the interactive channel or order PPV. I never did any of that. Why use PPV? I have Netflix and all the streaming content I want.
--