spc
uniqs
seaprobe
join:2006-07-16
Sunnyvale, CA

seaprobe to Madtown

to Madtown

Re: IP-DSLAM FAQ

As always, it depends on what you want to do. Wireless "n" will give better range, by and large, so if you have trouble with the signal reaching throughout your house, go for it. If you copy files wirelessly among your computers for streaming video and music or just backups to a file share, it will be way faster. If all you are doing is using the internet, you are wasting your money.

What are you planning to use it for?
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown

Premium Member

said by seaprobe:

As always, it depends on what you want to do. Wireless "n" will give better range, by and large, so if you have trouble with the signal reaching throughout your house, go for it. If you copy files wirelessly among your computers for streaming video and music or just backups to a file share, it will be way faster. If all you are doing is using the internet, you are wasting your money.

What are you planning to use it for?

I watch youtube videos, upload youtube videos, I watch movies on Netflix on my Xbox 360, and play Xbox Live games along with regular web surfing too.
seaprobe
join:2006-07-16
Sunnyvale, CA

seaprobe

Got it, you are only using wireless to access the internet. In that case, I'd save your money unless you have poor coverage in your house.

I do backups wirelessly within my house, among other file sharing, to a shared network disk, and the "n" speed makes a big difference, so it was worth it for me.