spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonanon

@verizon.net

Will stifle buildout

I completely agree with Verizon's position that the rules will stifle build-outs of new networks.

Remember when Verizon & at&t wanted to do FTTP and FTTN builds? They wouldn't do it until they 1st got a guarantee from the FCC that they wouldn't have to share those networks, because what incentive is there to spend the entire capital upfront and then have another company benefit from it?

It would be like you telling me to build an inground swimming pool in my backyard for $50,000 and then you'll pay me $5 every time you use it. Sorry pal, how about instead you help out with the upfront capital. You want to use it, then you pay $25000 and then 1/2 of all maintenance costs after its built. If not, then guess what its my pool, my backyard, and nobody can tell me who I let use it nor whether or not I can charge for it.

Guaranteed Verizon will probably not build out LTE networks in rural areas now and neither are the regional providers, so now these new rules means nobody builds it.

Furthermore, with wireless capacity being limited, what happens if an area is overloaded? Does the guy with Small Provider have the same priority onto the network as the guy with Verizon Wireless? I'd be pissed to be a paying Verizon Wireless subscriber and then because Small Provider is roaming onto the network all of a sudden either a)I can't connect or b)my speeds slow down. There better be a way to manage the network so the actual Verizon Wireless customers' data gets priority over the guy that's roaming onto the network because his provider is too cheap to build out there own.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
Verizon and their ilk have for years been making promises based on receiving government money and then not delivering. The scenario you describe would be hilariously fitting.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
said by biochemistry:

Verizon and their ilk have for years been making promises based on receiving government money and then not delivering.

No matter how many times you people repeat those lies it will never make it true.

You want the truth? Google and other leeches are playing the government and you people like a fiddle. You can't handle the truth.
quote:
Before the auction, Google chief executive Eric Schmidt assured reporters the California firm had no intentions to buy the spectrum, "build a network and put all these mobile devices out there."

"Wouldn't it be better if all these other companies do that and we just sit back and reap a benefit?" Schmidt said.

The D-block, which requires the buyer to work with authorities and set aside airwaves for public-safety and emergency uses, went unsold.
»afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMb···xU3Mfvnw

The fools in Kansas City KA are now dancing to Google's fiddle.

TheGhost
Premium
join:2003-01-03
Lake Forest, IL
Not true? Here is but a single article on Verizon scamming the people of PA on tax breaks:
»Picture Perfect Deal

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by TheGhost:

Not true? Here is but a single article on Verizon scamming the people of PA on tax breaks:
»Picture Perfect Deal

Old dead horse. How many times do I have to expose the faulty figures that came up with
quote:
"It's estimated that those financial incentives over the years clock in somewhere around $2.1 billion dollars"
Figures don't lie but lairs figure. The former grand all knowing "Tel 1/2 Truth" figured yellow pages in that figure. Yellow pages never was a regulated part of the business.

Pennsylvania renegotiated a deal with Verizon the is working and on scheduled. I'm going to have to make templates to answer these old 1/2 truths.

TheGhost
Premium
join:2003-01-03
Lake Forest, IL
said by batterup:

said by TheGhost:

»Picture Perfect Deal

Old dead horse. How many times do I have to expose the faulty figures that came up with
quote:
"It's estimated that those financial incentives over the years clock in somewhere around $2.1 billion dollars"
Figures don't lie but lairs figure. The former grand all knowing "Tel 1/2 Truth" figured yellow pages in that figure. Yellow pages never was a regulated part of the business.

Pennsylvania renegotiated a deal with Verizon the is working and on scheduled. I'm going to have to make templates to answer these old 1/2 truths.

Ok, according to you Verizon has kept all promises and met all obligations....cannot argue with that.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by TheGhost:

Ok, according to you Verizon has kept all promises and met all obligations....cannot argue with that.

This is why I have to make a template. They have until 2015 to wire everyone but if 50 telephone lines or 25%, which ever is smaller, in an area agree to sign up for DSL Verizon must provide it. Posters on this board have done it.
»www.oca.state.pa.us/Industry/Tel···bfrr.htm

Verizon just installed DSL in the last CO in their Pennsylvania area.