Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

Really?

$130/mo for basic cable and lite internet?

All I see all over the TV are TWC commercials offering $33.33 for digital cable, 7/1 internet and digital phone for a grand total of $100 a month!

Negotiating must not be one of your strong points

dr_jack

join:2002-04-21
Irving, TX
said by etaadmin:

$130/mo for basic cable and lite internet?

All I see all over the TV are TWC commercials offering $33.33 for digital cable, 7/1 internet and digital phone for a grand total of $100 a month!

Negotiating must not be one of your strong points

Try to get that price, it does not include equipment rentals or under the line fees/taxes/etc. You will see that $130 a month is quite a bit closer to what you will wind up paying.

Warmachine99

join:2006-03-20
Pleasant Prairie, WI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to etaadmin
Thats for new subscribers only. After the first year if you are on the standard packages (Digital 200, standard internet, no phone service) your bill is just under $200 a month.
--
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
said by Warmachine99:

Thats for new subscribers only. After the first year if you are on the standard packages (Digital 200, standard internet, no phone service) your bill is just under $200 a month.

Not true, I have a very good deal for digital cable for only $54 a month (no bundles) everything included taxes, rental fees... everything.

Warmachine99

join:2006-03-20
Pleasant Prairie, WI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
My bill, here in Pleasant Prairie, Wi., where TWC has no real competition, and they know it, was $194 per month for the Digital 200 package, 1 HD-DVR and the standard 5 Meg internet package and all associated packages. No extra movie channels, no movies on demand, and no phone service. My bill for this exact same service back when I originally signed up for it was $75. Once the first year was up the bill went to $120 a month. Price increases over 4 years brought it up to the above mentioned $194. I dropped the bill to $102 a month by dropping digital and going to basic cable, returning the DVR and the dropping internet down to the internet lite service. Then just after doing that I got a note from TWC informing me of a $30 price increase per month FOR THOSE BASIC SERVICES.

$130 a month is way too expensive for basic services, especially now that im unemployed.
--
I've discovered that I often visit the state of confusion, and I know my way around pretty well.