uniqs
jandrfas
join:2007-08-23
Downey, CA

jandrfas to dib22

to dib22

Re: New Sprint 4G user - mediocre to poor speeds

Success!

I decided to bite the bullet and try the dd-wrt upgrade. Figured I had nothing to lose. If it worked I saved myself the expense of a USB wifi device, plus perhaps some frustration (my experience with those is that they aren't particularly stable). If I bricked the router I figured no big loss - I didn't have a use for it anyway. The upgrade was actually fairly easy. The dd-wrt instructions are a bit intimidating at first, but if you spend an hour doing your homework and downloading the right files for your router it isn't bad at all. Now I have a very stable wireless connection to the main router and everybody is happy!

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by jandrfas:

Success!

You took the work route, but it sounds like you enjoyed it. Enjoy your speeds and think of us stuck on evdo while you stream that netflix

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman to jandrfas

to jandrfas
said by jandrfas:

Success!
If I bricked the router I figured no big loss - I didn't have a use for it anyway. The upgrade was actually fairly easy.

Great that it worked for you. I have been very impressed with the versatility of the dd-wrt firmware. I have flashed several brands of routers with may versions of dd-wrt and never have lost a router. Just follow the instructions!
xrayman

xrayman to dib22

to dib22
said by dib22:

said by jandrfas:

Success!

think of us stuck on evdo while you stream that netflix

You can't get Sprint 4G or Clear in Kansas City?

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by xrayman:

You can't get Sprint 4G or Clear in Kansas City?

In the city, sure, but I'm on the road in the Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma rural areas... no coverage...