uniqs

Nate425
Premium Member
join:2005-02-03
Charlottesville, VA

Nate425

Premium Member

Cancellation Fee and Refund

When I cancelled Viatalk, I had them take $50 from me while I shipped the adapter back. Not a big deal, that's not the issue. My problem is that they took out $51.51 and when they issued the refund, they gave back $50 even. Where did that $1.51 go? From their email they said
quote:
If you wish to process the cancellation today, a Hardware Return Fee in the amount of $50.00 will be assessed.
No where do they mention that I'm paying any sort of tax or anything on this fee, and if I did, why was I not given the entire amount back? Like most things, it's not about the $1.51, but they shouldn't tell me one thing, then do another so they can pocket everyone's $1.51. Something worth bringing up?
lesf
Premium Member
join:2002-05-23
Davidsonville, MD

1 edit

lesf

Premium Member

So if your service is now cancelled and you are no longer a customer, I would dispute this with the credit card company.
1. The ticket said they would charge you 50.
2. They charged you 51.51
3. They only refunded 50.
Seems pretty cut and dry, you authorized 50 and no more.
Then upon refund, they did not give you a full refund.
Yes it is the principle and I would be irritated too. Added up that amounts to some $ over time.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip to Nate425

Premium Member

to Nate425
Nate,

Curious if or how this was resolved?

Nate425
Premium Member
join:2005-02-03
Charlottesville, VA

Nate425

Premium Member

Whoops, sorry. Meant to come by and update...especially since it was my misunderstanding.

They evidently prorated the monthly fees for me and I didn't know they would do that which lead to the confusion.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip

Premium Member

said by Nate425:

Whoops, sorry. Meant to come by and update...

No problem, just curious since an old friend was posting links to this thread. I just thought I would try to find out if things were as bad as he implied.

Thanks.