Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

Yes

Sprint has fewer customers, and most of the data guzzling is on the CLEAR network up at 2.6ghz. There is so much spectrum up there, and so few users (relatively), it's just a matter of backhauling it all properly.

It's a good niche to take, and Sprint will do well once T-Mo and AT&T form a supernetwork.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

Yep, they're certainly making a play at folks like me on T-Mobile. And it's very attractive. Of course, it would be more attractive if Clear's network were up to par, but after TMO goes down that may be the best bet for data users.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

True Unlimited is the only option they have to differentiate themselves. They have the spectrum to do it so need to exploit it. It can work if they keep pushing it in their ads. They need an edgier message though, with creative bashing undertones.

Sprint should take it a step further and say that once you become a Sprint customer, you get unlimited forever as long as you stay a Sprint customer, even when switching phone/plans - to alleviate concerns it may go away some day.

This would put them in a similar class of Costco's return policy - you can return products as long as you stay a contiguous customer. If you leave Costco and come back, you don't get to return items before leaving.

datauser
@comcast.net

datauser

Anon

said by xenophon:

True Unlimited is the only option they have to differentiate themselves. They have the spectrum to do it so need to exploit it. It can work if they keep pushing it in their ads. They need an edgier message though, with creative bashing undertones.

Sprint should take it a step further and say that once you become a Sprint customer, you get unlimited forever as long as you stay a Sprint customer, even when switching phone/plans - to alleviate concerns it may go away some day.

This would put them in a similar class of Costco's return policy - you can return products as long as you stay a contiguous customer. If you leave Costco and come back, you don't get to return items before leaving.

i would like to see them also specifically state that not only are you 'unlimited' for life but also 'throttle free' for life. the industry has a whole lot of precedence for grandfathering in unlimited data users but than startling\ng to throttle them with a FUP. customers of sprints virgin mobile brand are experiencing this very issue now.

BF69 fan
@charter.com

BF69 fan

Anon

I do not see that happening because if they did they could easily be sued if they ever changed their mind down the road.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA to xenophon

Premium Member

to xenophon
As long as they offer unlimited for a 2-year contract, it will attract people, even though unlimited doesn't make sense for the consumer- people just like the concept. Personally, I like massive coverage, blazing fast 3G and my virtually unlimited 2GB of data.
mlundin
join:2001-03-27
Lawrence, KS

mlundin to BF69 fan

to BF69 fan
Right... were it not for that "you agree to consent to binding arbitration..." clause in your contract.

BF69 fan
@charter.com

BF69 fan

Anon

Would still in no way stop people from trying to start a class action lawsuit.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

They cannot promise something FOREVER, but they could promise it for a contract length, and that will get people to come if they are the only carrier left with true unlimited (which they probably will be soon).

Unlimited plans still make no economic sense for consumers, but hey, they like them.