Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Now if they'd only fix the "Everything" Plan Titles

It's great that Sprint understands unlimited. But why do their "Everything Data" plans still require premium data fees? They lost their entire billing simplification reasoning for these titles by adding nickle-and-dime extras here and there.

xenophon

join:2007-09-17

Re: Now if they'd only fix the "Everything" Plan Title

It's not that complicated. It's $xx for dumphones and $xx + $10 for smartphones. They could add $10 for everyone but then dumbphone users get gypped.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
What dumbphone user needs data? Everything messaging handles text + voice plans much cheaper than the "Everything Data" plans.

Not to mention, how is there room for a premium data charge for a plan that explicitly says Everything Data? Should just change it to "Sprint Data", or "Kind-of-Sometimes-Data".

xenophon

I should have said 'feature phones'. Sprint has several feature phones that do data, but do not have a full blown OS like Android.

Maybe they should set the base price $10 higher and then give a $10 discount for non-smarthphone users.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
Guess I've never even seen other Sprint customers with feature phones anymore. People seem to get the voice + texters (which also have very broken data offerings), or they step up to a smartphone. I've never seen anyone with a non-smartphone that's tolerable for internet usage.

I just find it funny that their current ads feature dictionary break-outs for contract-defining terms, when their base packages suffer from the same problem. I mean, I don't understand at all why they have the "Simply Everything" plan, yet there are still unavoidable add-ons to such a package.

Razzy12345

@rr.com
reply to xenophon
Sprint doesn't charge $10 extra a month for features phone. Only smartphones (3G or not) will have $10 data fee.

xenophon

said by Razzy12345 :

Sprint doesn't charge $10 extra a month for features phone. Only smartphones (3G or not) will have $10 data fee.

Yes I know, which was the point I was making.

Razzy12345

@rr.com
reply to Razzy12345
Oops, sorry about that. I did mean to reply to someone else.