spc
uniqs
jrau
join:2005-11-08
Japan

jrau to topgun

to topgun

Re: Scheduled Do Not Disturb

Thanks for the info! I may consider one of those.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun

No worries...I know how you feel? Technology keeps us all from leading the little house on the prairie life at times.

RockDude57
@comcast.net

RockDude57

Anon

If you are due for a new phone, some of the Panasonics can be programmed to go into silent mode at a set time.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to jrau

to jrau
A somewhat cumbersome solution, though it's free:

1. Get a free "IP Freedom" account at Callcentric. Add Voicemail. Add numbers to be whitelisted to your CC Phone book.

2. Set up Call Treatments. First, send calls from numbers in Phone book to Busy tone. Next, send calls from any number at Do Not Disturb times to Voicemail. Unfortunately, CC uses a weekly schedule, so if you want to block calls at the same times every day, you'll need to add seven records. Finally, send calls from any number to Busy tone. At this point, wanted calls to your CC number should get a busy signal and unwanted calls should go to CC voicemail. You can test this via a SIPBroker access number.

3. Get a free DID at IPKall and point it to your CC account (e.g. SIP Phone Number = 17772345678, SIP Proxy = in.callcentric.com) Test this step by calling your IPKall number.

4. At Phonepower, set up two Follow Me rules. The first should ring your IPKall number for 10 seconds in Step 1; the second should ring your Phonepower phone for the desired time in Step 2. Send unanswered and busy calls to PP voicemail, or as desired.

Now, when a wanted caller dials your PP number, the IPKall number will appear busy, so it will go immediately to Step 2 and ring your PP phone (there won't be a 10 second delay). On an unwanted call, CC voicemail will immediately answer, so your PP phone won't ring. If you expect only junk calls there, record an "I'm not taking calls" greeting and don't bother to check for messages at CC. Otherwise, record a greeting asking the caller to leave a message, and set up CC voicemail to send you any messages by email. That way, you won't have to check the CC site.
Stewart

Stewart to jrau

to jrau
In addition to or instead of the complex DND scheme, consider setting up a Localphone account. Once configured, your family contacts can dial a local US number that will ring your Japan mobile. Though it's fairly expensive at $0.14/min., when you are home (or anywhere you have broadband), you can hang up within the first minute and call them back from your Phonepower line. If any telemarketers call the access number, their caller ID will not be recognized, so you won't be disturbed (or charged).

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun

said by Stewart:

In addition to or instead of the complex DND scheme, consider setting up a Localphone account. Once configured, your family contacts can dial a local US number that will ring your Japan mobile. Though it's fairly expensive at $0.14/min., when you are home (or anywhere you have broadband), you can hang up within the first minute and call them back from your Phonepower line. If any telemarketers call the access number, their caller ID will not be recognized, so you won't be disturbed (or charged).

Or he could get another Phonepower virtual number @ 5.00 a month they wont break the bank RockDude57 the OP mentioned he still wants to be able to hear emergency calls from friends\family. I know what you are referring to aka quiet time but it is either an all or nothing setting.