Re: April Sprint 4G Wimax Speeds

And here's my speed today:

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

And here's what I'm getting today.

Michael46

join:2010-09-25

7 months since the switch and still going strong.

criggs

join:2000-07-14
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom

I'm wondering at what point we will be in a position to say definitely "Sprint 4G WiMax users are not, and will not, get throttled in the same way that Clear 4G WiMax customers are."

Now, assume that IS the case (and I think it's accurate to say that has NOT been definitively established). You're probably not in an authoritative position to say, one way or the other, but is it your opinion that Sprint users are just lucky because there are fewer of them, which is why fewer of them get throttled?

Or do you believe something else is at the root of this difference?

Or are you stumped?

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
kudos:1

I have no inside knowledge about the subject but I agree with you about the number of Sprint 4G users being less than Clear users. Clear marketed the service as a DSL/Cable replacement, I don't think Sprint did that. Also more of the Sprint 4G users have cell phones and not home modems. They are not trying to use the connection as their primary internet connection in most cases.

Michael46

join:2010-09-25

While Sprint & Clear share the infrastructure they are not the same company and do not have the same policies.

When I was on Sprint back in the Fixed Wireless Internet days they did not throttle then either but you were impacted by the number of users on at one time.

If there is throttling now it is not such that it impacts "normal" use (gaming, streaming, browsing, etc).

My connection is shared throughout the house and I have not checked but the drop in speeds could be due to what else is happening.

Suffice it to say that even when I am "throttled"; my speed is at least 3Mbits down.