JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to ditchmagnet

Re: Configure SIP setting on Android 2.3

said by ditchmagnet :

Is that the g-slate that you got?

viewsonic cheapo woot $280 gTablet. First thing out of the box, slap CyanogenMod 7 on it. Very nice (other than the crappy screen)
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ditchmagnet

@comcast.net
Thats an awesome price for a tablet with those specs.

Now that I have internet calling working, the only other thing I want is to be able to check my voicemail through the website from my phone...no silverlight in browser, and the wav files wont play.

Anybody got any tricks for that?

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·PHONE POWER
said by ditchmagnet :

Thats an awesome price for a tablet with those specs.

Now that I have internet calling working, the only other thing I want is to be able to check my voicemail through the website from my phone...no silverlight in browser, and the wav files wont play.

Anybody got any tricks for that?

Yeah have your voice-mails emails to you...wooot!
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody

ditchmagnet

@comcast.net
Ya, I have done that, but it is the same format as what you can download from the website, and so again, it will not play the wav file.

DSM Fan

join:2010-10-04
Covina, CA
kudos:1
I am using PowerAmp to listen to the wav files. There a couple of free apps that should do the trick

Pinan
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-09-02
Murrieta, CA
kudos:1
reply to ditchmagnet
Remote Wave is free (Android) and it works for .wav files on my Optimus V.

ditchmagnet

@comcast.net
Remote Wave works perfect! Thank you. I had tried a bunch of other players in the past. Glad to find one that actually works!

Fred123

@shawcable.net
reply to ditchmagnet
I just put CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3.3.

The Native SIP stack/client works GREAT. It's integrated so no 3rd party apps or keypads to use. On my phone (LG Optimus One) it fixed a problem I had with 3rd party sip clients crackling and poping and blasting sound. Didn't matter which 3rd party app I used. With the native SIP in 2.3 it sound exactly like a cell call. And it even does call waiting so If I am on a cell call and a SIP call comes in I get the beep and can transfer to the other call which puts the first call on hold.

Very happy now. Depending on your data plan and long distance rates you could save a lot on calls by using SIP instead of making or receiving cell calls.