spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Brian1979
@rcn.com

Brian1979

Anon

[Speed] RCN Changes 60/6 package to 79.99 frm 104.99

For all those people that thought 104.99 was to much for the 60/6 package, check this out.

»www.rcn.com/boston/high- ··· internet

For me and alot of others 104 was alittle to much to take, but 79.99 while still not ideal is a lot easier to swing. I've posted before about how on the bussiness side you can get 60/10, 40/5 and 20/5. I hope, 5 or even 6 becomes the new upload standard but it;s nice to know that atleast rcn is dropping the price of the 60/6 package for something more reasonable.

cdr1000
join:2004-02-18

cdr1000

"Includes McAfee® PC Security and home LAN for wireless networking"

Does it mean that they give you a free router and free wireless adapters?

brian1979
@rcn.com

brian1979

Anon

Nope. You still have to rent those. Your better off just picking them up at bestbuy or on amazon. I'm close to pulling the trigger on the linksy e4200 and the motorola sb6150.
spongyfungy
join:2002-08-15
Chicago, IL

1 edit

spongyfungy

Is this just for Boston? DC appears to have it too

NY is 84.99
LVH is 69.99
Chicago is $99.99/mo

whats up with that? Are they pricing like this because FIOS isn't available in the midwest and comcast has their 50/10 for $117

brian1979
@rcn.com

brian1979

Anon

Who knows. I called RCN on friday and they told me it was still 50 dollars more. They said that the 79.99 is just for internet. They said I have a bundle package and there was nothing they could do. I called them again today and they told me yea 79.99 is ok. They must work on commission. I talked to someone honest and got what I wanted.
ice
Sleep Less, Game More
join:2002-07-01
Wind Gap, PA

ice

I have the 20/2 package and want the 60 package but I'm too lazy to play their stupid games to figure out how much more it would be. We're already paying close to $200 a month.

brian1979
@verizon.net

brian1979

Anon

How many boxes do you have and what package do you have? I'm paying $190. I'm now on the 60/6 package, I get every channel they offer except for cinemax and the universal package. Channel 751 and so on. I have One dvr, 2 hd boxes and to sd boxes. I got my own modem so I save 3 bucks If you hate playing games, do you hate saving money as well? I just called them up asked to talk to a manager and got what I wanted for a fair price. When you start to mention that comcast and verizon are cheaper but you like the rcn service there appears to be some wiggle room. Good Luck
emtp563
join:2002-02-10
Wind Gap, PA

emtp563 to Brian1979

to Brian1979
I just got off the phone with RCN. I got 60/6 for $49.99/month. I'm already paying that for 20/2 with RCN!
ice
Sleep Less, Game More
Wind Gap, PA

ice

I wonder how long those prices will last though, or if I'm going to have to remember to call in and tell them I'm quitting so they keep giving me deals.

And I don't know for sure which package I have, I have phone, Internet, and cable through them but I don't get the pay channels. I have one DVR, one HD converter box, and two digital converters.

First I'd need to buy a DOCSIS 3.0 modem though, still have the SB5120.
emtp563
join:2002-02-10
Wind Gap, PA

emtp563

RCN is coming here Monday with my new modem. I'm renting a DOCSIS 3.0 modem from them.

brian1979
@rcn.com

1 edit

brian1979

Anon

It's funny when I talked to a guy two fridays ago he said if you were a new scriber I'd have to pay 200+ for what I get. Right now they 60/6 package is pricey considering you can get the same if not better up load from the other companies. What I do know is that the sales guys work on comission, and that they can also add as many 10 dollar discounts as they want. In the end what you pay just depends on how greedy the sales guy is. If your lucky like me you get a hold of somone who realizes hey now Im getting 30 dollars more then I was before and that's enough for me.
brian1979

brian1979 to emtp563

Anon

to emtp563
Hey man just go pick one u yourself from amazon. You hook it up yourself and call up rcn. You give them the mac address which is on a sticker on the side of the box and you are up and running in 10/15 mins. You'll save 3/5 bucks a month. I'm guessing you'd still want a wireless router as well though right?
ice
Sleep Less, Game More
Wind Gap, PA

ice

Yep I know, I did that when I got Mach 20, bought my own 5120 because the Arris they gave me was complete garbage.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to brian1979

Numquam oblita

to brian1979
said by brian1979 :

Hey man just go pick one u yourself from amazon. You hook it up yourself and call up rcn. You give them the mac address which is on a sticker on the side of the box and you are up and running in 10/15 mins.

Something mentioned recently in another forum onsite, which makes a bit of sense to me..is better to go local (Best Buy,etc) than Newegg or Amazon (I know it's a few dollars cheaper online). The reason they said - and this may or may not be the case...is firmware revisions.

Easier to return/see what's what locally if issue than thru an online purchase.

I would have thought newer firmware on most new DOC3 modems..but apparently several folks here haven't been successful till purchased locally. Just thought to mention

brian1979
@rcn.com

brian1979

Anon

I haven't heard that. I'm sure you can just update the firmware yourself which isn't that hard. It's all about saving money but I understand what you are saying. I got my slingbox at best buy cause I had a $100 gift card. If the thing messed up I can just return it and get a new one no questions asked.

interested
@rcn.com

interested

Anon

I am paying $85 for 20/2. But I'm also in a bundle. Are you saying there's a chance I can get docsys for $5 LESS? Or will the bundle mean I can't get any more deals?

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

said by interested :

I am paying $85 for 20/2. But I'm also in a bundle. Are you saying there's a chance I can get docsys for $5 LESS? Or will the bundle mean I can't get any more deals?

Tried to call and argue this point. I even asked to be upgraded to the 25/2 plan since they don't offer 20/2 anymore. No dice on either. It would of cost me $5 more for the 25/2 and the extra 5 isn't that important.
pfqdrx
join:2002-11-23
Whitehall, PA

pfqdrx to Brian1979

to Brian1979
I upgraded from 20/2 to 60/6 on Friday for 79.99. It took a while for my SBG6580 to lock in and have the receive light turn blue, but I am getting many test results at 60+, even had one that said 78Mb. Didn't think that much was possible.