spc
Search similar:

uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to 08034016

to 08034016

Re: [OTA] In need of a TV antenna. I need recommendations.

said by 08034016:

There's no such a thing around me as a clear path so to speak or get a Ant Higher then the trees..

What would you Suggest?

Well first I suggest going to this link »www.tvfool.com/?option=c ··· temid=29 and giving me a more exact report because you really shouldn't be having issue. Just based on the report for your city. Your particular situation may be far different.

Are you currently using an antenna and having isses or are you looking for an antenna?

If you are currently using an antenna, what kind of antenna are you using? Where is it located. Outside, inside, attic? If inside is your house stucco or does it have aluminum siding? If so that could affect things. What kind of coax are you using RG59 RG6? Is is quad shielded? Is it old?
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

2 edits

08034016 (banned)

said by 88615298:

said by 08034016:

There's no such a thing around me as a clear path so to speak or get a Ant Higher then the trees..

What would you Suggest?

Well first I suggest going to this link »www.tvfool.com/?option=c ··· temid=29 and giving me a more exact report because you really shouldn't be having issue. Just based on the report for your city. Your particular situation may be far different.

If you are currently using an antenna, what kind of antenna are you using? Where is it located. Outside, inside, attic? If inside is your house stucco or does it have aluminum siding? If so that could affect things. What kind of coax are you using RG59 RG6? Is is quad shielded? Is it old?

Here's the Report
»www.tvfool.com/?option=c ··· 5e3d1ed0

I have Satellite Believe its quad Shielded about 13 yrs old.

Also I have Cable Currently looking to go OTA if its more Economic.

The Antenna from ground was left blank.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to 08034016

MVM

to 08034016
Trees are not much of a problem with VHF but block UHF. That being said almost no residential antennas are mounted high enough to clear tree tops.

What stations are you interested in? Your stations are in all directions - so you want to receive some of the weaker ones will need to use a rotor.

As 88615298 See Profile posted if you are only interested in stronger stations then you can probably get away with and attic mount. If you want the ones in red will probably need to use a deep fringe roof mounted antenna. If the cable is long or you want to feed multiple sets use a preamp, but you also have several very strong nearby station so need to be careful about signal overload.

/tom
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by tschmidt:

Trees are not much of a problem with VHF but block UHF. That being said almost no residential antennas are mounted high enough to clear tree tops.

What stations are you interested in? Your stations are in all directions - so you want to receive some of the weaker ones will need to use a rotor.

As 88615298 See Profile posted if you are only interested in stronger stations then you can probably get away with and attic mount. If you want the ones in red will probably need to use a deep fringe roof mounted antenna. If the cable is long or you want to feed multiple sets use a preamp, but you also have several very strong nearby station so need to be careful about signal overload.

/tom

Thanks i know nothing about the ant's etc which ones or one would you get by looking at that link?
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

88615298 (banned)

said by 08034016:

I have Satellite Believe its quad Shielded about 13 yrs old.

If that's outside then it might need to be replaced. I doubt it's quad shield and it might not even be RG6.

The Antenna from ground was left blank.

Default if you leave it blank is 10 feet.
said by tschmidt:

With those signals I honestly don't think trees are an issue.
said by 08034016:

Thanks i know nothing about the ant's etc which ones or one would you get by looking at that link?

Your best bet are the ones in green. The PBS one might be an issue since it's about 50 degrees of center from the others is hi-VHF and is the "weakest" of the green ones. And outside antenna I don't any of them should be an issue getting them in. But honestly unless your house is stucco or aluminum siding I think a simple loop antenna with rabbit ears you can get for $10-$15 would work just fine. I'd try that first and if it doesn't work just take it back. No use going through the hassle of spending $100 on an outdoor antenna and the hassle of installing it if you don't need to.