aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

$30!?!?

The Adjustment Bureau is one of the movies that will be available for $30. We saw it last month at an AMC theater in a digital presentation. Tickets were $6 each since we went before noon. Plus it will be out on disc in early June.
Why would anyone want to pay $30 to watch it when it costs less in the theater and you can rent it in less than two months for under $6?

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by aaronwt:

Why would anyone want to pay $30 to watch it when it costs less in the theater and you can rent it in less than two months for under $6?

Maybe for those families that have a dozen kids. Then again, those types of families probably aren't spending $30 on premium movies. You're right...no one is going to pay for it.

HappyAnarchy
@iauq.com

HappyAnarchy to aaronwt

Anon

to aaronwt
Well, I work so I won't generally being viewing movies with my 3 kids and wife before noon. That puts it up to $10 per person, total of $50 not including snacks.

In that perspective I could see it. So basically, family & friend viewing for those with big screens that want to avoid the theatres.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by HappyAnarchy :

Well, I work so I won't generally being viewing movies with my 3 kids and wife before noon. That puts it up to $10 per person, total of $50 not including snacks.

In that perspective I could see it. So basically, family & friend viewing for those with big screens that want to avoid the theatres.

I work too, but not typically on Saturday and Sunday which is when we will see a movie at the theater. Besides they don't have $6 shows on weekdays.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to cdru

to cdru
said by cdru:

said by aaronwt:

Maybe for those families that have a dozen kids. Then again, those types of families probably aren't spending $30 on premium movies. You're right...no one is going to pay for it.

Wrong.

We'll pay.

$30 is less than the cost of two tickets at our local Thug-O-Plex, even before you pay for parking, only to be forced to share the air with Lakers Celebrants, Dodger fans, and various nimrods that will stab you with a meat thermometer should you expect them NOT to use their cellphone during the movie.

(There are two theater complexes here that seem to "get it" when it comes to security, but they're a bit of a drive, and their approach is still somewhat reactive, rather than dis-inviting the brutes. So we're not inclined to attend as much.)