Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to docbill

Re: DON'T BLAME Voip.ms

said by docbill:

It is worth noting that if you pay voip.ms with paypal no taxes are added to the order. If you paying with credit card they charge GST. I question the legality of this. If they Voip.ms is a Canadian company, they must always pay GST on sales to Canadian customers.

Please do not question the legality of this, many Canadian customers will be very unhappy if you are the cause for a change.

European Union law require North American merchants to charge European VAT (sales tax) for sales to customers in the European Union. But it is very common they "forget" to charge VAT when PayPal is used for payment. This is one reason why PayPal is so loved by customers in the European Union when they purchase something at North Americans merchants.
--
Linksys IP Phone SPA962 - Gigaset S685IP
PBXes - VoIP.ms - Anveo - Callcentric - CallWithUs - Localphone - Rebtel - Google Voice - Numbergroup.com - Gigaset.net - MAXroam

docbill

join:2006-10-24
Stoney Creek, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·Bell Sympatico
·Bell Fibe
·voip.ms
·PortBridge Inter..

said by Arne Bolen:

Please do not question the legality of this, many Canadian customers will be very unhappy if you are the cause for a change.

Actually voip.ms closed this loophole a long time ago. (Even before the HST in Ontario.) I doubt it had anything to do with my review.
This is a sub-selection from DON'T BLAME Voip.ms