wingspar
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Oregon

wingspar to taurusgl

Premium Member

to taurusgl

Re: Red Light on Modem

This modem replaced another modem about 3 or 4 months ago. I’ve never seen this read light before. What is channel bonding? Why did the light suddenly appear red?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by wingspar:

This modem replaced another modem about 3 or 4 months ago. I’ve never seen this read light before. What is channel bonding? Why did the light suddenly appear red?

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch ··· _bonding

wingspar
Premium Member
Oregon

wingspar

Premium Member

That wikipedia page might have well been written in a foreign language.

I suppose I can assume this is nothing to be concerned about?

Why did this light, which is still on, just suddenly appear after several months?
Balplanman
join:2006-08-30
Newtown, CT

1 edit

Balplanman

I Googled "Ubee modem manual" and found a pdf from Charter for the U10c035 model (I assume this is what you have). The manual says the US and DS lights turn orange when channel bonding is in use.

Sounds like they went to Docsis 3.0 while you had the video paused. This potentially allows higher and more stable speeds.

Here's a link to the manual, see pg5:

»www.google.com/url?sa=t& ··· EoJjqDg&

wingspar
Premium Member
Oregon

wingspar

Premium Member

From what I've managed to gather, the red light is nothing to be concerned about, but it would be nice if Charter had said this was going to happen. A red light appearing on the modem that has never been there before is Certainly cause for concern, and I'll wager that thousands were wondering what was going on. A simple thing like an email notice to customers would save stress on the customers, and lots of time and money on the part of Charter that they spend dealing with concerned customers.