Mercurybird
Premium
join:2004-06-24
Hooks, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

1920x1080?

Is there a Linux that will allow me to scale it to this rez? If I'm going to Linux, I want it to fit my monitor. Oh BTW: 1080P too? Boy am I asking a lot!
--
You're an American. You get a free pass, but nobody rides for free.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
I run my CentOS 5.6 box with KDE 3.5 at 1920x1080.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

1 recommendation

reply to Mercurybird
Linux doesn't do that. Xorg does that. More correctly, your graphics card and driver does that. Yes you can do that with Linux.

Mercurybird
Premium
Hooks, TX
reply to Mercurybird
Thanks, I was hoping there was. I have a GForce GTX460. Hey, I can just tell the guest system to use the host card, and that would do it, right?
--

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by Mercurybird:

Thanks, I was hoping there was. I have a GForce GTX460. Hey, I can just tell the guest system to use the host card, and that would do it, right?

Now you are talking about a virtual machine, that is different. If you we dual booting it would not be a problem.

Mercurybird
Premium
Hooks, TX
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Mercurybird
Well I don't think I want to do a dual booting system. But you know, I may come around to it, and dare somebody to touch my DBS.
--

jimkyle
Btrieve Guy
Premium
join:2002-10-20
Oklahoma City, OK
kudos:2
reply to donoreo
If you're using VirtualBox and have its Guest Additions installed, it should be able to use any resolution that the host system can support. Without the Guest Additions you may be restricted to 640x480...
--
Jim Kyle