All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
reader50
join:2003-01-23
California

reader50 to dslx_steve

to dslx_steve

Re: [DSL] Any word on the Bakersfield outage?

Thank you for the update. And for fixing the Network Status page.

It will be inconvenient, with the weekend pushing the ETR into next week. Is there anything we can ask for to compensate? A bump to legacy web space perhaps.

dslx_steve
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA

dslx_steve

Premium Member

Feel free to call or email (billing@dslextreme.com) our billing department to request a credit. Make sure that you don't make the request until after the service is restored.

Anon2011
@mymmode.com

Anon2011

Anon

Thank you for the estimate. It's interesting that you mention the PPPOE, since I was asked to switch to that a couple of months ago. I guess there were some using PPPOE and some not on that backhaul? Thanks again for the estimate and additional info. Yes, it's just an estimate, but I think something is better than nothing.

Salas
@rr.com

Salas

Anon

I am still down. It is two days short of two weeks.

This is very frustrating.
reader50
California

reader50

The Network Status page shows the problem as Resolved. But I'm still down.

Tested with both routers (i pull 2 IPs), tested with two computers connected directly to modem, cycled modem multiple times. No PPPoE server found. I even checked for DHCP, but there was nothing there either.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

Hi reader50 -

Service for most clients in the area on the new network was restored yesterday and today. There are a still orders we are pushing through with AT&T but a vast majority of the clients service have come back up. As Steve indicated you would need to change the connection over to PPPoE. Did you use the @dslextreme.com after the username? I assume your modem is in sync.

Thanks
reader50
California

reader50

George, thanks for replying. I've sent my account # to you via PM in case this is limited to my account.

My modem is in sync, and I'm using PPPoE. Currently connected straight from computer to modem.

I usually use @dslextreme.com after the username, but have tried it without just now without effect. My log messages indicate 'no route to host' or 'PPPoE server not found' which suggests it never got to authentication.

dslx_steve
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA

dslx_steve

Premium Member

I believe I've found your account using your username. If that is the case, I can see that the the order is still being processed. I'll check on tomorrow. Can you PM me your account info so I can make sure I'm looking at the correct account?