spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mikee D

@sonic.net

[netopia] Cisco WVC210 wireless cam set up with Netopia 3347-02

Hi, I am a novice and I am trying to set up my new Cisco WVC210 with my motorola wireless router and I'm lost. I am able to access the router config page but am unsure on the settings I need to adjust. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance...

mike

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting

Re: [netopia] Cisco WVC210 wireless cam set up with Netopia 3347

It would help if you told us what problem you are having. Is the camera working on your LAN? Is it assessable by other devices on the LAN? If the camera is working on your LAN are you trying to set it up for you can access it over the Internet?

Do you have any other Wifi devices on your network? Set up the camera the same way, need to specific network name (SSID) and encryption type if any (WEP, WPA, WPA2, username, password).

If you want to access the camera over the Internet will need to set up port forwarding on the router and if you have not already done so use some for of Dynamic DNS service. Typical residential ISP accounts do not permanently assign IP addresses, they can change at any time. To get around this limitation folks use a dynamic DNS service. That allows you to access your home LAN by name rather then IP address.

/tom

Mikee D

@sbcglobal.net

Hi Tom, The Cam is not working on the LAN. There is an ip address that is showing on the cam when it is powering up but I am unsure on where to enter it. I do also want to be able to access it from the internet. I don't have any other devices on the network. What is a dynamic IP service and how do I get it?

thanks

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

said by Mikee D :

Hi Tom, The Cam is not working on the LAN. There is an ip address that is showing on the cam when it is powering up but I am unsure on where to enter it. I do also want to be able to access it from the internet. I don't have any other devices on the network. What is a dynamic IP service and how do I get it?

thanks

Dyndns needs to be setup on the router, and a nat pinhole is needed for internet cam access.

dreamboy

@net.ae

hi! i have the same problem. i bought a Internet Video Camera. I can access through my network. the problem is how to acess the camera over the Internet with different network. or if i go the mall and i go for internet cafe it is possible to access my camera at home??

pls ineed a reponse asap.

thanks

dreamboy

@net.ae

anyone??