All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wolddj
join:2011-04-23

wolddj

Skybeam should be allowed to expand

I had an account with Partnership Broadband until it merged with Skybeam last month. For two days now I have been unable to to get on the internet through their Wireless Broadband. Instead I have had to use an ISDN connection supplied through Verizon.
My diagnostic software says the problem is somewhere between the modem on the roof and the internet on their end. I can even "piggy-back" on my neighbor's wireless broadband connection, which tells me that the problem isn't on my end on the connection. Furthermore, I have not received a billing from them as stated in their mid-March e-mail to me. I said I would receive it by April 17 and it would have information in it, including my account number and how I can access my billing information. Since I have not received it, I can't even use it to check my account with them. So far the service I have received with SKYBEAM has been unsatisfactory and below what I expect from wireless broadband service. This especially true, in that I tried to get technical support this morning, Friday, April 22, 2011, and was informed my message that there were no technician's available for support. Then I got a a voice message that they had a high call load and someone would call me. I did get a call back from a billing person this afternoon but couldn't get my account information and when they connected me to technical support, I was on hold for nearly 30 minutes and gave up. If this is the kind of service I can expect from SKYBEAM, I may well consider taking my business to another wireless provider or return to using ISDN which was at least reliable.
wolddj

wolddj

Re: Skybeam should not be allowed to expand

Subject line should have read "Skybeam should NOT be allowed to expand"