how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

artoo

join:2011-04-23

[netopia] Connectivity Issues with 3347

download3347w Config.txt 5,257 bytes
I inherited a 3347W from my landlord, but I am having some issues getting it to work the way that I want.

There are two issues I am wrangling with:-

1.) I cannot access the admin screens unless I am connected with an ethernet cable. This is not the end of the world, but it would be more convenient if I could access this over a wireless connection.

2.) I am trying to add a NAS to my network (a Verbatime MediaShare Mini) but am running into a big issue, specifically that all devices on my LAN are not able to connect with each other.

I can ping the NAS from my laptop, but can't access it through it's IP address.

I have checked the DHCP server and can see an entry in the lease table for both my laptop and the NAS.

I have reset the router and put in the basic configuration details from my ISP with no success (apart from recovering my connection to the internet).

One strange issue I did come across was that when trying to access an internet page after basic reset and reconfnfiguration, the 3347w was trying to direct me to some netopia server.

Upon a bit more digging I discovered that the router had a some license keyed functionality unlocked, specifically hotspot configuration functionality. Although there were no config options in the web gui, I managed to switch off this function through a telnet session.

This has gotten me to thinking that perhaps there is some layer of 'hotpsot security' that prevents different machines on the WLAN form connecting with each other (while still giving them access to the WAN). This might also explain why I cannot access the admin screens over the WLAN.

I attach a dump of the current settings in the config database. I throw myself on the mercy of any network blackbelts who can shed light on these issues.

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

said by artoo:

1.) I cannot access the admin screens unless I am connected with an ethernet cable. This is not the end of the world, but it would be more convenient if I could access this over a wireless connection.

2.) I am trying to add a NAS to my network (a Verbatime MediaShare Mini) but am running into a big issue, specifically that all devices on my LAN are not able to connect with each other.

wireless admin access is probably an option

Wireless client isolation needs to be turned off

artoo

1 edit

i have combed through all the configuration settings relating to the LAN (and wireless) but cannot find a 'wireless admin access' option. I think I have enabled LAN admin access - but cannot access the admin screens over a wireless connection.

Likewise I can find nothing in the settings that relates to wireless client isolation. It is not just wireless clients that cannot connect anyway, the NAS is cabled into an ethernet port, and I still cannot access it even when I am cabled in myself.

Thanks for taking the time to respond though

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by artoo:

i have combed through all the configuration settings relating to the LAN (and wireless) but cannot find a 'wireless admin access' option. I think I have enabled LAN admin access - but cannot access the admin screens over a wireless connection.

Some settings are only accessible using CLI commands. Telnet into the modem to access.

artoo

i will double check the telnet options.

Do you know for sure these options are available via telnet on this router, or are they standard commands that you assume should be accessible?

I really appreciate the time you are taking to respond - I just want to check, rather than spend hours looking for something that might not be there.

I hope that makes sense, and I am not coming across as ungrateful

public

Santa Clara, CA

set wireless no-bridging [ off | on ]
When set to on, this will block wireless clients from communicating with other wireless clients
on the LAN side of the Gateway.