spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MichaelS

@dell.com

Lag is part of satellite internet

Lag is the number one issue with satellite internet. It is not recommended that you use this type of for VOIP or online gaming. The signal has to go 22000~ miles to the sat and then 22000~ miles back.

Sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction, but a little research would have told you these issues.

Michael.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..

All Hughesnet plans have data caps. Even the business plans. The business plans start with a plan equal to the top residential plan which I am assuming is the one you are talking about which is 400 MB and go up from there. there is one that has a bit over 1GB I think but it is like $600 a month I believe. As things stand right now you will not find a satellite connection without a limit that I am aware of. As for lag, that is not any satellite providers fault. They are sending a radio signal thousands of miles up and back and those radio waves only travel so fast so you have inherant latency with satellite that cannot be overcome.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network