spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jeepwrang3
join:2011-02-24
North East, MD

jeepwrang3

Stuck

I haven't even considered Satellite Services as an option because they're a trainwreck. What p's me off is that the community i reside in still is without DSL or Cable. We're 260 homes, about 1/2 full time residents, and from recent talks to Verizon and Comcast they dont care about expansino to us. How do i voice a complaint that will get heard? I've gone to local govt, gone to the Maryland Broadband Coop, gone to the broadband map. Do i just give up and pretend its 1996?

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl

Well if Satellite is the only option other then Dial up and you get below 30kbs on Dial up.I would try Satellite.
The system or tech that Hughes deploys right now is good its the service part that leaves a bit lacking although the tokens and download helper app has helped alot.
But be warned Satellite is not equal to broadband/dsl/cable.It is actually in between Dial up and true DSL.If you can get a Cellphone connection it will be loads better.
jeepwrang3
join:2011-02-24
North East, MD

jeepwrang3

Unfortunately my house is at the end of 3g coverage for Verizon, so we can pull down as high as 300kbs at the highest test. I have an AT&T card that gets me roughly the same speed with a 5gb cap. I'd attempt satellite, but i've been told my VPN probably wont work with it, and the contract doesnt interest me since we're still hoping to get some kind of WISP or any other options.

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl

Try a Booster.3g is cellphone correct?Try a cell booster,up a pole make a reflector.Anything to get better connections.