Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSM Fan

join:2010-10-04
New Orleans, LA
reply to mct

Re: Sip client app for iPhone

Lot of trouble to go through due to a bug created by a particular version of a application

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA
reply to Stewart

said by Stewart:

said by JohnInSJ:

This is an interesting idea. If I do add PP as a trunk to PBXes, what other implications does that have? Such as, when the SIP client isn't online (the extension is offline, essentially) or does not answer, what happens to the call? PP VM? PBXes voicemail?

I believe that if the trunk routes to a single offline extension for which all forwarding options are off and voicemail disabled, busy status is returned. With the usual settings on the PP end, your other phones will ring normally and, if not answered or all are busy, the caller will be routed to PP voicemail.

Awesome. I've signed up for the PBXes account, and will try playing around with it in the next few days to see how it works. Amazing service to play with, for free Thanks again for the tip, I'd actually bookmarked it before for some reason, this was the perfect excuse to take another look at it.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ftld

join:2008-06-23
Hempstead, NY
reply to DSM Fan

said by DSM Fan:

Lot of trouble to go through due to a bug created by a particular version of a application

Indeed. Linphone's developer promises: "The fix is scheduled for 1.0.5 which should be published in the coming days or weeks."

Bill

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
San Jose, CA
reply to JohnInSJ

said by JohnInSJ:

said by Stewart:

said by JohnInSJ:

This is an interesting idea. If I do add PP as a trunk to PBXes, what other implications does that have? Such as, when the SIP client isn't online (the extension is offline, essentially) or does not answer, what happens to the call? PP VM? PBXes voicemail?

I believe that if the trunk routes to a single offline extension for which all forwarding options are off and voicemail disabled, busy status is returned. With the usual settings on the PP end, your other phones will ring normally and, if not answered or all are busy, the caller will be routed to PP voicemail.

Awesome. I've signed up for the PBXes account, and will try playing around with it in the next few days to see how it works. Amazing service to play with, for free Thanks again for the tip, I'd actually bookmarked it before for some reason, this was the perfect excuse to take another look at it.

Followup for anyone who cares. This works, its somewhat weird to set up (unless you love PBX systems, then it's actually pretty cool) but linphone can connect to pbxes just fine, and incoming/outgoing calls work - audio quality isn't fantastic, but in a pinch it could work.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

ftld

join:2008-06-23
Hempstead, NY
reply to ftld

Linphone 1.0.5 is available in the App Store today, and Phone Power is working again using the IP for the proxy.

Bill