uniqs
jtltke137
join:2009-02-28

jtltke137 to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

said by hobgoblin:

"as well as SD content no one watches!"

Believe me there are a LOT of people out there that watch SD. SD content is going no where.

Hob

I'm talking about rarely watched SD channels like CSPAN/CSPAN2, etc. IMO, they can make these "HD Only" channels to free up bandwidth.
said by jtltke137:

said by motorola870:

Analog reclaim:
KLEG is being dropped from 21 and 398
CSPAN 2 will be viewable only on Digital channel 28 on a digital convertor or a QAM tuner TV
CSPAN 3 will be viewable only on Digital Channel 6 on a digital convertor or a QAM tuner TV
TXCN will only be viewable on digital channel 38 with a digital convertor

Looks like this has to do with TWC sending notices out about SB6120s looks to me we might be getting 8 channel bonding soon for wideband.

motorola870,

As someone who does not receive TWC Internet can you explain what this 8 channel bonding is all about?

I love the idea of reclaiming analog [as well as SD content no one watches!] but I am disappointed TWC hasn't added a new HD Channel in ages. I don't count On Demand channels.

What happened to adding HD Channels?

Thanks.

said by motorola870:

basically they would be using 8 frequencies for internet and only the SBG6580 can bond them.

motorola870 would you put that in simple layman's terms for me - and are you serious, no new HD Channels? How long ago was it that TWC added and HD channel - over a year ago?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

there is basically going to snow on 6,19,28,38 and now 95-99 come june 21st when you tune to a tv directly connected to the cable with no box according to TWCdude.

So they are freeing up 9 channels by the 21st of june 19 should go dark soon as it now just a screenshot saying tune 21 for KAZD in spanish and the other 8 will be converted to digtial only on june 21st.

there has been a few channel move to digital only over the past 3 years:

2008:
Daystar 2 moved to 350 on digital box and CSPAN was moved from 27 to 2 freeing up RF 27.

2009:
TruTV 47
Style 50 moved to Digital Channel 150
Abc Family 61
CMT 63
Oxygen 73

2010:
Leased Access 15
Government Access 16

2011 (soon):
KAZD's former spot on 19
CSPAN3 6
CSPAN2 28
TXCN 38
Public access 95
Gov access 96
Educational access 97
Educational access 98
Educational access 99

I would not be suprised if we some HD announced very soon these are hitting wichita falls soon according to their latest legal notice last week so they could come to our system too!:
Lifetime HD
OWN HD
WGN HD
ESPN DEPORTES HD

next legal notice comes out on monday
motorola870

motorola870

Big Surprise on Weather Channel HD channel 738!

it has something to do with local weather!

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

It's the new Intellistar 2 HD!

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by rv65:

It's the new Intellistar 2 HD!

yep!
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler

What's that, or is it something I don't see cuz I'm a TiVo owner?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

joe you will see it.

It is locals on the 8's for your area on the weather channel HD they had to get new equipment to provide it.

So now it will say dallas instead of the national weather on the bottom bar and you will get a localized weather forcast on the 8's instead of the national map on the 8's.
Joe Siegler
join:2008-10-08
Garland, TX

Joe Siegler to motorola870

to motorola870

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

said by motorola870:

t

I would not be suprised if we some HD announced very soon these are hitting wichita falls soon according to their latest legal notice last week so they could come to our system too!:
Lifetime HD
OWN HD
WGN HD
ESPN DEPORTES HD

You have an idea how many TWC website/areas there are? I'd be curious to do a comparison as to what HD channels other TWC areas have as opposed to us here in Dallas.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

go to the TWC website and go up to the area and click on change and it should give you all the areas that TWC serves.