spc
Search similar:

uniqs

QwestAZ
@81.90.22.x

QwestAZ

Anon

Zyxel Q1000z Vs Actiontec Q1000

For some reason Qwest sent me both modems and I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on either one. The Zyxel seems to have zero info available about it. Before they changed our area over to fiber optic I was using a M1000 and Linksys WRT54G. Any thoughts or comment would be appreciated.
joe_h
join:2010-05-26
Las Cruces, NM

joe_h

I signed up for 40/20 a few weeks ago and was sent the Zyxel Q1000z. I'm running it in bridged mode to a D-Link DIR-655 router with no problems so far. No dropouts, and I'm getting a consistent 37.5 down and 17.5 up.

Daveinstpaul
@qwest.net

Daveinstpaul to QwestAZ

Anon

to QwestAZ
This is a unsolicited endorsement of the Qwest branded Actiontec Q1000 VDSL2 modem/wireless router. Back in Feb 2010 I purchased this modem because the modem at that time, a Qwest M1000, wasn't up to the job for our volunteer Internet/Radio program, Fog Horn radio.

At the house, we have a few video workstations & home/office network supplemented with wireless internet, our Internet topology is exclusively wireless. I and my brother-in-law also are involved with volunteer community television.

I can say our Q1000 performed admirably! I have the 7 megabit DSL package. It abrogated our video and Skype line call-ins without artifacts or delay echo. It is also to be noted, this VDSL2 modem has almost been in continuous operation since Feb, 2010 minus power outages but even during the commercial power outage, this modem and some other peripheral equipment ran over 8 hours on backup battery power.

Now here is the true selling point why you should rid yourself of other DSL modem/wireless router equipment and actually purchase a Q1000 VDSL2 modem/wireless router, on April 26th, 2011, I lost dial tone on my home phone. Nobody could call me and I couldn't call out. The phone wouldn't even ring! Mind you, my DSL service is on these same pair of wires worked and I still had Internet! Yes, the service was impacted but I was still getting over a megabit download and 192 kilobit upload! The Internet service was still working but my landline phone was dead!

A Qwest technician came out today on the 27th, shook his head. Insulation was missing on my cable pairs along with oxidation and mold infesting the crimped connections.

Everything works now as it should so if you need a solid DSL connection that works in the most severe circumstances, purchase a VDSL2 Q1000 wireless/router modem. I swear!

D. Swanson
St. Paul, MN
dmaxus@yahoo.com

QwestAZ
@81.90.22.x

QwestAZ

Anon

Well thats quite impressive performance from the Q1000. I guess Ill give that one a shot first and see how the N network holds up. Ill be very happy if I get similar results that you did. Is the Zyxel a N router as well?

Daveinstpaul
@qwest.net

Daveinstpaul

Anon

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with this specific Zyxel Q1000z model but Zyxel has good product reputation within the networking industry. At one time during the days of dial-up, Zyxel had very exclusive features with their 56K V.92 modems. Zyxel had excellent visual status displays with their products but I was passionate with Diamond multi-media and Supra at the time. Honestly I can't comment on Zyxel performance because I never could afford their products. My only assessment I can report is the performance, reliability, and quality of what I have hands on. The Qwest/Actiontec Q1000 VDSL2 serves me very well and I'm definitely satisfied based upon my last post.

Dave
St. Paul, MN
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor to QwestAZ

to QwestAZ
Actiontec Q1000 is Wireless N, with 4 10/100/1000 Mbps ports

The Zyxel Q100 is Non Wireless, only 1 port. People usually get the Zyxel because it's cheaper & plan on using their own router with it.
joe_h
join:2010-05-26
Las Cruces, NM

joe_h

The Zyxel Q1000z is wireless, and has 4 ports. I can't say I had a choice in the matter. Qwest didn't ask me which one I wanted to purchase, they just sent me the Zyxel.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

Me bad. When I got the Actiontec, the only other Vdsl2 modem they offered at the time was the Q100
said by joe_h:

The Zyxel Q1000z is wireless, and has 4 ports. I can't say I had a choice in the matter. Qwest didn't ask me which one I wanted to purchase, they just sent me the Zyxel.