MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon to justin

to justin

Re: site user password intrusion info

Justin, what about logins with rpxnow, was that info compromised in some way? could they somehow use the fact that I'm authenticated using that system to access other sites that implemented rpxnow?

Justin, I really hope you'll update your system to support long secure passwords. Not just 12 lower case chars long.

Folks, this is another wake up call to start using some password management system. Don't use the same (or a few of the same) passwords everywhere. Please make sure that each login has a unique strong password. Use apps like LastPass or KeePass. They have a proven track record of keeping your passwords secure and will allow you to have unique logins everywhere without having to remember each one.
gateguy
Premium Member
join:2001-02-12
Reisterstown, MD

gateguy

Premium Member

said by MxxCon:

Folks, this is another wake up call to start using some password management system. Don't use the same (or a few of the same) passwords everywhere. Please make sure that each login has a unique strong password. Use apps like LastPass or KeePass. They have a proven track record of keeping your passwords secure and will allow you to have unique logins everywhere without having to remember each one.

I second, your approach.

I am a Mac user (at home) and use the built in Key Chain application. Every site has a unique password.

I use the built in complexity gauge during password generation.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to MxxCon

Premium Member

to MxxCon
said by MxxCon:

JUse apps like LastPass or KeePass. They have a proven track record of keeping your passwords secure and will allow you to have unique logins everywhere without having to remember each one.

Windows users may also want to consider Bruce Schneier's "Password Safe". It can also run on a USB stick and on U3 devices.
Info here
»www.schneier.com/passsafe.html
Get it here
»passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

For a multi-platform Java version
»sourceforge.net/projects ··· jpwsafe/