uniqs
share rss forum feed

denb45
Premium
join:2001-02-04
Albuquerque, NM

1 recommendation

Sirius XM New Channel Giude Effective 5/4/11

Here are the new channel line-up's for both Sirius & XM Effective Date 5/4/11 for both Sirius & XM

Here's the Sirius one »www.siriusxm.com/pdf/11-1524_SIR···_5_4.pdf

Here's the XM one »www.siriusxm.com/pdf/11-1524_XM_···_5_4.pdf
--
Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 Notebook 1.73GHz Intel Core i7-740QM Quad-Core 6GB DDR3 500GB 7200RPM WIN 7 Pro 64Bit

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

thank you very much for this.

Waldothe3rd
Premium
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand
reply to denb45

Thank you - looks like it's time to re-program all the presets on my radio.
A question for you long-time subscribers: How often does a major channel shake-up like this occur?

Harddrive
Premium
DFW

i can't remember one like this and i've been a subscriber since 2005.

denb45
Premium
Albuquerque, NM
reply to Waldothe3rd

last major one was NOV 12th 2008

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium
join:1999-12-06
Fuquay Varina, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Waldothe3rd

said by Waldothe3rd:

According to the FAQ on the web site, you may not have to reprogram your presets:

3. Will I have to re-set my radio presets?
In most cases, no. On May 4th (or whenever you first turn your radio on after that date) your radio preset buttons should automatically 'follow' any channels that you've preset to their new locations.

If this does not happen automatically, simply follow the instructions included with your radio to quickly preset those channels. (Click here to find Product User Guides for a variety of Sirius radios.)

-----------

It'll be interesting to see if this actually happens. I've had Sirius since it first started and have had quite a few different radios. I've NEVER had any radio where the presets "followed" channel changes when they've moved channels around.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA

My XM radio followed the presets. I am hoping this new one will too.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
reply to denb45

So what was the need to move everything around?

denb45
Premium
Albuquerque, NM

They had to add FCC mandated channels, it was part of the merger-agreement between Sirius & XM back in NOV 2008

»satwavespro.com/2011/04/18/siriu···ndition/

»thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valle···unities/
--
Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 Notebook 1.73GHz Intel Core i7-740QM Quad-Core 6GB DDR3 500GB 7200RPM WIN 7 Pro 64Bit

Cthen

Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

That's what I don't understand. Why did the channels have to get moved to add just those few? There were plenty of empty channels to add just those few to.

It's not that I really mind them being moved around, it's that I'm a bit confused on why moving almost all channels around was needed to add a few that there was already space for. None of the articles say that they had to be on a certain channel as per the agreement.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA

This also gives them a chance to match up the Sirus and XM channels

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to denb45

It appears to me that this is being done more to match up the channel numbers on both services.

Harddrive
Premium
DFW

that's what Cane said today on the radio.

zencyl

join:2009-07-24
Huntsville, TX
reply to denb45

I figured this was a matter of time to allow for the channels to matchup better...i bet it makes things easier for them too. Now i hope my presets follow the change.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to denb45

My presets did not follow the change. I am using the factory 2007 VW GTI SIRIUS radio.

For example, Alt Nation was saying "INVALID" and another was taking me to weather, and another was taking me to channel 000 which was nothing at all.

I spend the drive into work setting up all the presets again.

Expand your moderator at work

@suddenlink.net
reply to Waldothe3rd

Re: Sirius XM New Channel Giude Effective 5/4/11

Subscriber since 2001 and have never seen a change.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

same thing on my ford escape sirus radio, channel presets did no follow

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
reply to denb45

The XM adapter I use in my home (the old external one from my previous car) started up with my last played channel in its new location. I'll have to check the car radio tomorrow.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Waldothe3rd

said by Waldothe3rd:

A question for you long-time subscribers: How often does a major channel shake-up like this occur?

Seems that for my system it re-programmed itself. I had sirius, then xm, and this is the 2nd or 3rd 'shake-up' in 5 years. (or 6? damned, can't remember how long I've had the systems)
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium
join:1999-12-06
Fuquay Varina, NC
reply to Paolo

I have a Ford Escape also, and my presets didn't follow along to their new locations either. Had to reprogram everything.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
reply to denb45

Didn't follow on my bimmer. Damn. Out of all 20 or so of my presets only about 5 followed.

Cthen

Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to denb45

Mine are all plug and play units, the Status 6, Sirius InV (The original), and 2 Sirius Ones. All presets on all units followed, didn't have to reprogram one.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
reply to denb45

I still don't understand why they can't have stations line up on both Sirius and XM. Heck at this stage I don't know why we even have a 'Best of' package anymore. Wasn't the merger supposed to fix all that?

Harddrive
Premium
DFW

don't know. what would the 'best of sirius' be anyway, Stern? no thanks. i can use that $2 to pay for one half gallon of gas.
--
Life is a funny thing. Death is even funnier as long as it doesn't happen to you.