silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01
reply to r81984

Re: And so it begins....

said by r81984:

said by batterup:

said by r81984:

This would never work as with most companies you do not sign anything and they have clauses to change their terms at any time.

I have never signed paperwork for any of my ATT services.

People check the box that they agree with whatever it is they didn't read just like when they install software.

I never checked any boxes. I signed up entirely over the phone.

You were sent copy of a contract, before you activate your phone you were instructed to read it first and if you didn't agree to it to send phone back. By activating the phone you agree to the contract.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
said by silentlooker:

By activating the phone you agree to the contract.

Like the sticker on a software CD that says if you open it you agree to whatever we say now or what we may say tomorrow.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to silentlooker
said by silentlooker:

You were sent copy of a contract, before you activate your phone you were instructed to read it first and if you didn't agree to it to send phone back. By activating the phone you agree to the contract.

Nope.
I have both a cell and dsl.
Neither mailed me anything as I set it up for email only. I never had to agree to anything to activate either service.
The people on the phone never ask me if I would accept their TOS.
I did not agree to anything. I just pay a bill each month.

It makes no sense to say if I use their service then I automatically agree to anything they want without them telling me.

Why can't I say if they accept my money then they agree to my TOS. What is the difference?
They give me service I give them money. They should know better than accepting my money if they do not agree to my terms, right?
--
Your behavior is inconsistent with your desire to be treated like everyone else.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by r81984:

It makes no sense to say if I use their service then I automatically agree to anything they want without them telling me.

You can type all you want and protest all you want. We can't help you.

This is the facts of life in the deregulated world of telecommunication. Notice the bold words. Did you or did you not do subscribe? I respect a person that will stand up for his rights. Call them tomorrow and demand they exempt you from the agreement or you will un-subscribe.

quote:
The primary document that explains the relationship between you and AT&T when you subscribe to postpaid wireless service from AT&T.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
said by batterup:

said by r81984:

You can type all you want and protest all you want. We can't help you.

This is the facts of life in the deregulated world of telecommunication. Notice the bold words. Did you or did you not do subscribe? I respect a person that will stand up for his rights. Call them tomorrow and demand they exempt you from the agreement or you will un-subscribe.

quote:
The primary document that explains the relationship between you and AT&T when you subscribe to postpaid wireless service from AT&T.

I never agreed to anything.
--
Your behavior is inconsistent with your desire to be treated like everyone else.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by r81984:

You da man, or woman. I'm behind you all of the way. So what are you going to do to challenge that draconian contract at&t says you agreed to?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
said by batterup:

said by r81984:

You da man, or woman. I'm behind you all of the way. So what are you going to do to challenge that draconian contract at&t says you agreed to?

I would tell them to prove that I agreed to anything in court....
Oh.... Wait?!?
--