Search similar:

uniqs
kmbranddavid
join:2011-04-29
San Gabriel, CA

kmbranddavid

[DSL] our month of slow, zero and intermittant service

Hello...someone?

We have had a static IP account with DSLE since 2003, and been pretty happy with it in spite of slowish speeds. We live in an old neighborhood with who knows how many splices between us and a far distant station, so we know why our speeds were slow, but we don't want cable. We bought a better DSL modem and tweaked it to optimize reception, which improved things a bit. We run a ping generator to track our quality/speed.

In September, our speeds took a turn for the worse, and stayed that way. In researching why that might be, we found that we now have access to a nearer connection, so we upgraded to the 6M service with DSLE in mid-March. We knew this would not work at first, because our line is long and grotty, and we figured DSLE would try to just make it work before moving it. Which they did, resulting in much slower speeds (0.65M) with routinely tremendous (90%) packet loss. For weeks.

After many many calls with Support, repeatedly running the tier 1 gauntlet to get access to the apparently scarce tier 2 support, a man was sent out to examine the line and verify that it was a problem. He did actually show up and verify that yes, we have a super crappy line. DSLE asked ATT to switch us to the terminal that is closer to us.

It took a week of zero service to get the switch made. It was more complicated than that, but it got done. We got a signal but no connection. Hours on the phone, DSLE decided to send another man. Waited for a scheduled service person who never showed in spite of several calls from DSLE to confirm our presence if he did. After 3 days of going through repeated interactions with tier 1, finally a tier 2 person noticed we had been given the wrong new IP address (still static IP, though there was a mix up there, too, that required a fun call that transferred from support to sales to billing and back to support).

Success! We have better speeds, not blistering, but good enough for us. EXCEPT it only works intermittently. On, or off, not much in between. Called tier 1, eventually got tier 2, scheduled a man to come to the house and check the line, verified a time. Man never showed, or called. 2nd time we have wasted an entire day waiting for DSLE.

DSLE previous service has been quite satisfactory, till we started the switch. Tier 1 always starts off with the same routine, does not bother to look at what we imagine must be a lengthy file when we give our account number. It is insulting to be told to restart our wireless router when we just want to know the status of our support ticket. Getting abruptly dumped into hold for 10 minutes, picked up by the same person and being told that she has never spoken to us before, please repeat everything you just said. Tier 2 seems to have a clue, but are pretty hard to get.

It is April 29, over 5 weeks of ugh. We are feeling like DSLE is a bad boyfriend: never calls, stands us up, and we are paying the bills.

If there is a way to get this fixed, soon, we would appreciate knowing about it. We like being on the phone even less than the DSLE people do. That's why we have the internet...when we can get it.
thanks,
kmbr

dslx_steve
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA

dslx_steve

Premium Member

I'm sorry for all of the troubles you've been having. Could you PM me your account information so that I can check your account. I'll make sure that I have a tech contact you.
kmbranddavid
join:2011-04-29
San Gabriel, CA

kmbranddavid

Its Monday night, still have intermittent service, and no contact from anyone at DSLE.

I did PM our account information and a contact email to dslx_steve on Sunday morning, there has been no response. My husband got a message at his work phone on Sunday (when he is not there), but it was an obvious question from the tier 1 person we've already talked to many times. We're not sitting on hold for half an hour to fill him in on something that should be in his notes.

We have given every single way to contact us to DSLE about 15 times at this point, in addition to when we can be contacted at home or at work. In addition to email addresses.

?
kmbranddavid

kmbranddavid

Today (Tuesday 5/3) the same person--James-- from Sunday called and left a message at our house... because using the work number is only reasonable on the weekends?

On workdays, M-F from 9am to 5pm (PST), please use the work number we have given several times. At all other times, please use the home number that our account is attached to. Please do not call the cell number that ends in 4344, we are not near a computer then.

Otherwise, please email us at any address that is associated with our account, and during one of the uptimes, we'll get it.

Yes, we are still having the problem. Yes, we would still like to speak with someone who can actually help move us towards getting it resolved. No, we're not going to sit on hold during work hours to make that happen anymore.

thank you,
kmbr