spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

t8

join:2011-04-30

Recommendations for Canadian email hosting?

Hello all,

I'm looking for a reliable email hosting. The company and servers MUST be located in Canada, and support encrypted connections (don't they all?). I won't be using much disk space and bandwidth so I'd rather not pay for plans that include 5GB boxes, etc. for $5/month.

Thanks!

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3

How many outgoing emails per month?

t8

reply to t8

Several hundred at most. This is for personal/work communication use.

dslr67
Premium
join:2005-05-15
united state
kudos:1
reply to t8

sherweb has a pretty good record

Bobcat79
Premium
join:2001-02-04
reply to t8

These guys have been around for a decade and they're in Toronto (don't know about the servers themselves). I've never been a customer, so I can't comment on their reliability.
»myhosting.com/email-hosting/

myhosting

join:2011-05-16
reply to t8

Saw our name pop up here so I figured I'd pop in.

We are based out of Toronto with our data center here as well. We offer a range of mail services including encryption.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask away.

t8

reply to t8

Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately, neither of them offers small packages that would work for me.

An amusing conversation with myhosting:

Me: Do you offer custom (smaller) packages?

MyHostingRep: We do not offer smaller packages as the cost of the individual emails is .71 USD. Therefore, the 3.55/month price would be the best offer.

Me: You mean cost per a single mailbox? Well I only need one. Anyway, thank you.

MyHostingRep: You can not get just one.

Bobcat79
Premium

Ummm, what? $3.55/month is too expensive for you?

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

it is if its PER mail box and the company is making them buy a set number to even start out with. I'm looking for an Exchange/Outlook hosted server and if i go directly to MSFT they want me to buy at least 5 email addresses at $58 per month. I don't need 5 email addresses so why would i spend that much? Especially if i Can go and get an Exchange email address from 1and1.com for a lot less per month and only get what i want.

Bobcat79
Premium

We're talking about 5 mailboxes for $3.55 (total) per month or $0.71 each. Can you find something cheaper than that? And it's pretty obvious why they don't sell single mailboxes for $0.71

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

5 boxes for $3.55 per month is CHEAP! Hell even i'd take that- LoL.

Bobcat79
Premium

12 cents/day is too expensive for the OP.

keb032

join:2011-05-31

I recently also looked for a new web host and I have chosen IX web hosting. I am not sure if they also offer email hosting. I am very satisfied with their web hosting services.

FiReSTaRT
Premium
join:2010-02-26
Canada
Reviews:
·Velcom

Lol $3.55 too much for a monthly hosting package. I have no idea why they even bother with such chump-change amounts as they mostly end up costing more in CSR man-hours than they end up bringing in.
--
I'm pretty sure the small hole isn't a reset button, but is actually a microphone hole. So best not to stick anything inside it. (credit: Rashdan@slatedroid)