uniqs

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Ottawa POI locations and Coverage Areas

This is fairly accurate as to the location of the POIs and the coverage areas of each POI.

»maps.google.com/maps/ms? ··· 91eca427

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus

Can we get one of these made that includes all POI's and just sticky it?
bjlockie
join:2007-12-16
Ontario
Technicolor TC4350
Asus RT-AC56
Grandstream HandyTone 702/704

bjlockie

said by evil_gusgus:

Can we get one of these made that includes all POI's and just sticky it?

Getting something sticky is very hard.
I think the mods don't want more than 4-5 sticky threads (whatever is there).
bjlockie

bjlockie to sbrook

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

This is fairly accurate as to the location of the POIs and the coverage areas of each POI.

Rocky said there are two on Richmond Road.
Is one the Fallowfield POI and one is the Richmond POI?
Threz
join:2011-02-02

Threz

said by bjlockie:

Rocky said there are two on Richmond Road.
Is one the Fallowfield POI and one is the Richmond POI?

Both of the western POIs are on Richmond Rd. The more central one is the Richmond POI, and the more western/southern one is the Fallowfeild POI.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

The Pins show the locations of the POIs (aka Head End, aka phub)

I've changed the labelling a bit in the hope that it's clearer.

As to other locations ... I'll attempt to expand the map to Toronto ... but it's gonna take a while ... doing Ottawa took a good long time, and we don't know the exact location of all the POIs in Toronto and other places ... and we don't know the exact coverage areas either.

Ottawa, I'm fairly confident about although some of the east end villages may be served out of SLNT too.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by sbrook:

The Pins show the locations of the POIs (aka Head End, aka phub)

I've changed the labelling a bit in the hope that it's clearer.

As to other locations ... I'll attempt to expand the map to Toronto ... but it's gonna take a while ... doing Ottawa took a good long time, and we don't know the exact location of all the POIs in Toronto and other places ... and we don't know the exact coverage areas either.

Ottawa, I'm fairly confident about although some of the east end villages may be served out of SLNT too.

Try and start with some of the less dense areas like Mississauga, Scarborough, and Richmond Hill.
jimatstorm
JiminRussell
join:2008-04-11
Russell, ON

jimatstorm to sbrook

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

some of the east end villages may be served out of SLNT too.

sbrook you are correct some of the east end villages are served out of SLNT. I am in Russell and am on SLNT, I would expect Embrun which is also in Russell Township is also served out of SLNT.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Yeah ... I wasn't sure which villages are actually served by Rogers ... some aren't served at all ... some were by Persona (now Eastlink) and some by Cogeco and some private. Thanks for the info on Russell, I'll find out what I can about the villages.

TemporalFlux
Premium Member
join:2003-08-07
Ottawa, ON

TemporalFlux

Premium Member

I went out looking for Fallowfield today. It's where the big towers are near Union autoparts just south east of Bridlewood (back in the bush).

Chuck kCAR
@bell.ca

Chuck kCAR to sbrook

Anon

to sbrook
POI's missed me but i need a job before i can sign up so i'm in no hurry.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook to TemporalFlux

Mod

to TemporalFlux
Click for full size
Yup, just behind UAP as shown on the map at the end of the dirt lane! You can see the major 3 phase power, all the Rogers cables and the Bell lines all going up there!

ottawhaa
@teksavvy.com

ottawhaa to sbrook

Anon

to sbrook
the green and the blue on the map need to be transposed...

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

They were meant to be contrasting against the area shading ... not the same colour. Fixed that so they all properly contrast now

cliffz0rz
join:2005-02-14
Ottawa, ON

cliffz0rz to sbrook

to sbrook
Unless I'm horribly mistaken, I believe FLFLRD also covers Almonte and possibly Carleton Place in the far west end. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Great work on the maps, BTW.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I'm not sure ... You are right in that they are served by Rogers but I don't know if they use FLFRD as the head end ... I've marked them as such for now. I've not actually talked to anyone from Almonte or Carleton Place to find out ... although I know people in CP, they still use Bell.

cliffz0rz
Ottawa, ON

cliffz0rz

said by sbrook:

I'm not sure ... You are right in that they are served by Rogers but I don't know if they use FLFRD as the head end ... I've marked them as such for now. I've not actually talked to anyone from Almonte or Carleton Place to find out ... although I know people in CP, they still use Bell.

I have some friends in Almonte that I believe are on Rogers. I'll have them check.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

That's the trouble, they can't actually tell any more! Used to be able to from a tracert. Still, might be able to from the first 10.* IP addy in a tracert to see if it matches with anyone known to be on FLFRD.

cliffz0rz
Ottawa, ON

cliffz0rz

said by sbrook:

That's the trouble, they can't actually tell any more! Used to be able to from a tracert. Still, might be able to from the first 10.* IP addy in a tracert to see if it matches with anyone known to be on FLFRD.

Yeah. I asked them for a tracert, hoping that we can find a match as you mentioned. Stupid Rogers. Can't wait for Teksavvy cable to become available for RCHRD so I can get away from them completely... :P