Search similar:

uniqs

itcons4gl
@verizon.net

itcons4gl

Anon

Fios Remote Issues

Hi,

I had a Verizon Fios remote control working properly and never had any issues. A few days ago my toddler got a hold of the remote. Now whenever you push any button on the remote nothing happens at all and all four device buttons flash on (DVD, AUX, TV, and STB). Can someone please advise on how to undo whatever my son did to it and return the remote to normal working order?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by itcons4gl :

all four device buttons flash on (DVD, AUX, TV, and STB).

I think that's the signal that it's borked.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the batteries? If that doesn't work try calling the FSC and request a replacement.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to itcons4gl

to itcons4gl
Try resetting the remote and then reprogramming it if necessary:
Press and hold the STB key.
• While holding down the STB key, press OK.
• Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.
• Press 9 - 0 - 0. The STB key will blink 3 times to indicate success
in programming.
Full instructions at the Verizon web site.

siersema
join:2005-06-16
Mansfield, TX

siersema to itcons4gl

to itcons4gl
The big problem you will have is that they no longer have the remote with DVD AUX TV STB and have replaced it with one that only does TV and STB. Don't know who's idea was to discontinue the other remote - most TV setups have an audio amp for surround sound - don't recall many TVs with 5.1 speakers! Most TVs are two or three speaker in the front.

Zero5
join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Zero5

said by siersema:

The big problem you will have is that they no longer have the remote with DVD AUX TV STB and have replaced it with one that only does TV and STB. Don't know who's idea was to discontinue the other remote - most TV setups have an audio amp for surround sound - don't recall many TVs with 5.1 speakers! Most TVs are two or three speaker in the front.

Less support calls for the FSC to help people getting Verizon's remote to work with customer's DVD players, audio systems, and other devices.

siersema
Mansfield, TX

siersema

I can understand removing DVD functions but audio is the heart of the new TV experience. To have HD TV with 5.1 sound and then tell the user that the 5.1 is an option that requires another remote?? My wife is not a techno type and hates remotes. She won't even touch the big screen system and uses the TV in the Gym because it has only the STB and TV!
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

Try new batteries.

If your remote is damaged you need a replacement
»www22.verizon.com/Reside ··· 6737.htm

You will likely get the new simpler remote that only controls STB and TV.
If you need AUX / DVD controls you need to find an older remote. You can walk into a store and ask. I did that and was given 2 used remotes for no charge.

or buy one at »teleproducts.verizon.com ··· home/308
resnbl
join:2002-05-16
Ashburn, VA

resnbl

said by marc3565:

Try new batteries.

+1 - mine did the same thing a few days ago -- replacing with fresh batteries fixed it right up.

itcons4gl
@verizon.net

itcons4gl to PJL

Anon

to PJL
This was a good tip. The remote responding just as you wrote. However, once the 9-0-0 portion was completed the remote went right back to the original problem. I've also tried new batteries with no success. I think it is FUBARd. Probably time to get a new remote.

Thanks!

siersema
Mansfield, TX

siersema

Good luck in finding one. I heard but never have found one. Logitech has good remotes.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to itcons4gl

to itcons4gl
You can buy a new Verizon remote at »teleproducts.verizon.com ··· Products for $6.95 + S&H. Make sure you order the 4-button unit to replace the one you have.
PJL

PJL to siersema

to siersema
See my reply to the OP with a web link to purchase.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

1 edit

birdfeedr to siersema

MVM

to siersema
said by siersema:

Good luck in finding one.

There's probably a few out there. Appealing to the green side:
said by itcons4gl :

Anybody who had a DVR or STB and turned it in, but kept their 4 button remote and it's sitting in a drawer unused? I'd be willing to help you recycle it. I'll pay for shipping.

Or, try this:
said by itcons4gl :

Anybody in the _____ area who is willing to swap a 4-button remote with a 3-button remote? Meet me at the Outback and I'll buy dinner.

Signed,
Desperate

itcons4gl will want to register on DSLR so he can receive IMs. If it was me, I'd arrange for a prepaid shipping label to be sent.
My 4-button remote works, and a 3-button remote is all I need.

Sometimes, you have to be creative.

[edit to add] PJL's method works quicker. And, holy moly, the new ones are down to two buttons, not three.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

This is not the forum to buy or trade or sell equipment.

You can do that here at you own risk:

»/forum/forsale

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to itcons4gl

Premium Member

to itcons4gl
try to reprogram
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to PJL

to PJL
said by PJL:

You can buy a new Verizon remote at »teleproducts.verizon.com ··· Products for $6.95 + S&H. Make sure you order the 4-button unit to replace the one you have.

Good luck with that. I ordered a 4 device remote, received a confirmation, they shipped a 2 device. 2 hrs. of phone calls they said they will send the 4 device, 2 device shows up again. More phone calls, directly to billing (this is where you finally end up), still no remote. Anyone in an office can promise you that it will be corrected, the warehouse guys just seem to grab without reading. Just an FYI, buyer beware.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

This was not my experience nor that of my neighbor's. Sorry you didn't get what your ordered. That's unusual.
djoropallo
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

Just a warning, that's all. They did inform me they are doing away with the 4 device remote due to tech support, if they sell it they must help out the customer when they call and this remote generates a lot of calls.

mphare
join:2011-03-16
Plano, TX

mphare

said by djoropallo:

Just a warning, that's all. They did inform me they are doing away with the 4 device remote due to tech support, if they sell it they must help out the customer when they call and this remote generates a lot of calls.

Does this mean they are going to stop deploying IMG 1.9??

Sorry, wrong thread..
mphare

mphare

Oh, wait.. they already did!

nope.. still wrong thread..
djoropallo
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

Funny how their first response to a lot of tech calls is to bail and run!