join:2010-04-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

49528867 (banned) to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA

Re: Plumbing leak detection and shutoff devices

said by Jack_in_VA:

Homeowners Insurance covers all you mention

Thats a poor choice in my opinion as homeowner insurance comes with a deductible sometimes a rather steep amount and insurance companies are notorious for underpaying claims.

Then there is the ripping out of flooring cabinetry drywall etc and there is living with the remodel as it is being worked, as such relying on insurance seems penny wise and pound foolish to me.

Wayne

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 edit

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

The sky is falling

I have a hard wood kitchen floor and I am not the least worried about water damage. Just how many people out of millions have this happen to?

Yes insurance is a good choice that's why we purchase coverage. Good insurance companies do not underpay. They have a set computerized list of costs. I know because of the flooding I received from hurricane Isabel. We received compensation for new upper cabinets in the kitchen because the cabinets were custom made and could not be matched. They could have not been any fairer.

It's been 8 years since the damage was repaired. I could put up with a little ripping out and remodel. Been there done that. Since the poor choice of wood on a kitchen floor has resulted in numerous dings from heavy objects being dropped on it. So it is in no way penny wise and pound foolish. Just because I'm not inclined to be overly and excessively fearful of "what if" issues doesn't mean I'm wrong.