join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to 88615298

Re: That's what voting GOP gets you

said by 88615298:

When the GOP less government intervention they mean less government intervention in BUSINESS not personal matters.

People that live in NC that care not to be backwards need to move out. Maybe when all these southern states lose the most educated( and therefore the higher earning ) citizens they'll learn.

Less government intervention in business DOES means less government intervention in personal matters. I don't want my city controlling my internet access, or taxing me to death to provide it to my lazy neighbors.

I'm glad the GOP is trying to preserve the profit motive, and save my hard-earned money, leaving the risk and liability to shareholders, not burdening the local treasury.

The underlying problem in most of these towns is the unwillingness of the households to pay the local market premium for the service they desire. You don't solve that by taxing your neighbors, you wait until technology provides a lower cost option (LTE, microtrenching), and a vendor sees enough margin to sell it, and/or the economy picks up enough that households find themselves willing to ante up; and no, the economy will not rebound with broadband access.

jazzlady

join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA
said by elray:

said by 88615298:

When the GOP less government intervention they mean less government intervention in BUSINESS not personal matters.

Less government intervention in business DOES means less government intervention in personal matters.

Oh seriously?

Right- I forgot- this only applies to men... :-(

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to elray
quote:
Less government intervention in business DOES means less government intervention in personal matters.
The republicans were the group that wanted to control how you could have sex in your bedroom - and several are still trying to do that. Seems that is the exact opposite of less intervention in private matters to me.

And if republicans are also trying to limit internet provided by a community - seems even more so.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain