how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tuaris
You Clicked on the Apple

join:2001-10-19
Naples, FL

Thats becuase they shut off the analog service.

Anyone at Cablevision who did not see this coming is an idiot. Hopefully, this trend will continue and cause the cable operators to realize that we don't want to rent a box AND pay for service.

Really, the benefit of cable was the fact that I did not have to rent a box. With this new "Digital Only" trend, I might as well subscribe to satellite service.

Once Comcast goes digital only in my area, it's just Netflix, Torrents, and Hulu for me.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
said by tuaris:

Anyone at Cablevision who did not see this coming is an idiot. Hopefully, this trend will continue and cause the cable operators to realize that we don't want to rent a box AND pay for service.

Really, the benefit of cable was the fact that I did not have to rent a box. With this new "Digital Only" trend, I might as well subscribe to satellite service.

Once Comcast goes digital only in my area, it's just Netflix, Torrents, and Hulu for me.

Consumers factor set-top rentals into their BOTTOM LINE PRICE. That's where the cost push above $100 for the typical triple play plan.. taxes, rentals, surcharges, franchise fees, etc, etc. Telephone Cos (at&t/verizon) has a nice $6 HD rental price too for an ordinary HD set-top. Once the price is too high, they'll chop down to dual play & download content over the internet or do mail rentals & seek alternatives. This is about $40-$50 a month for expanded basic. Once the company charges more, it becomes expendable. Right now I have expanded cable @ a great rate.. once it expires.. I'm not exactly hooked on the stuff, I can do without should the price be too high after the price lock expires. Churn (switching providers) & Burn (unsubscribing) is good for competition. Telco Nor Cableco should take the consumer's money for granted. I expect Verzion will respond to Cablevision's Boost Plus with new promotions within 3 months to keep customers loyal.