Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sn9

join:2010-12-30
San Francisco, CA
kudos:1

SS6300, Part Deux

Well, per the recommendation of this forum, I tried A3F on my 6300, and I can say unequivocally that it's too unstable to use, even in simple bridge mode. If anyone can give me any pointers on how to combine the A6X kernel build with the A3F web interface, I'll do that, otherwise, I think I'll put A6X on. To reiterate, this was a retail unit I bought new here in the USA, originally with firmware A28, which I no longer have. Also, if anyone knows which firmware allows 1483/2684 traffic to pass through bridged in Bridged/IP mode so that connected devices with public IPs outside the LAN subnet work correctly as well as NAPTed LAN devices on the 6300's IP, please say the version.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

said by sn9:

Also, if anyone knows which firmware allows 1483/2684 traffic to pass through bridged in Bridged/IP mode

That's default behaviour for all recent speedstreams
If that feature was disabled it can be reconfigured

sn9

San Francisco, CA

said by wayjac:

said by sn9:

Also, if anyone knows which firmware allows 1483/2684 traffic to pass through bridged in Bridged/IP mode

That's default behaviour for all recent speedstreams
If that feature was disabled it can be reconfigured

How?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

If it's not already set up you can configure a "bridged" vc
Post a picture of the modem summary page or the first page of the vc wizard that will show what's preconfigured

sn9

San Francisco, CA

Bridged VC's do not allow IP mode. IP-mode VC's do not allow bridging. Multiple VC's cannot have the same VPI/VCI. I've put the A6X firmware on now, but I can provide anything from telnet you wish to see. I currently have it in simple bridge mode, because it's the only way I can get any kind of pass-through.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

What internet connection type does your isp use
dhcp
pppoe
pppoa

sn9

San Francisco, CA

None of those, just straight RFC2684 with static addresses on a bridged circuit.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

I don't know of a way to bridge and route with nat at the same time with static ip's

Why do you need to bridge and route at the same time and who is your isp

sn9

San Francisco, CA

I have a bridged-only circuit from DSLExtreme, with 8 static addresses allowed. I do not have a routed circuit. I want to NAPT one of the addresses and bridge the others.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

I think your only option with the bridged ip's is to connect a ethernet router to a bridged modem, the router will allow you to use napt on one of the ip's

sn9

San Francisco, CA

That's how I have it right now.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

I just don't think the speedstream can have a public dhcp ip and also bridge other public dhcp clients

I doubt there is a modem that will do this if you had a routed ip block the speedstream can route all the public ip's

sn9

San Francisco, CA

I have no public DHCP on my circuit. As I said before, I have static IP service.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

My mistake for posting dhcp instead of static
Have you discussed this with your provider they may have a solution for you

sn9

San Francisco, CA

Are you kidding? I had to prod them for two weeks to get the telco to send out a tech to isolate a short, and managed to schedule that ONLY after squeezing them dry of the bit of info that was the phone number to that internal department within the telco so i could bypass tech support altogether.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

said by sn9:

Are you kidding?

DSLExtreme supposedly has very good support. They have a Forum here: »DSL Extreme
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

sn9

San Francisco, CA

I have had DSLExtreme ever since DSLDesigns went kablooey in 2002, and they are not what they used to be. The moment I again live in an area where Sonic.net's Fusion service is available, they will no longer have my business. The short on the line taking so long to have anything done (five months of the short becoming progressively worse before it could be detected, and then the dispatch debacle) was only the straw that broke the camel's back.