spc
uniqs
ruve1k
join:2010-08-07
Kew Gardens, NY

ruve1k to PhonePower

to PhonePower

Re: Custom Caller ID

Why not? This is a very basic feature that most voip providers include. Also, usually people only spend the time entering someone's contact info because that is how they want to see their name displayed when they call.
How long would it take to implement this given that it already has been successfully implemented on the older network?

PP User
@verizon.net

PP User

Anon

I agree. I don't understand why the "more advance" network is lacking several important features from the "older" network.

For example, I was pretty mad when I found out that I had lost the music-on-hold feature when I "upgraded" to the newer, Aquarius network.

Doesn't really make much sense to an end user.

Bob Tele Man
@verizon.net

Bob Tele Man

Anon

Although I do not care about this feature, I think since there is a group of you wanting this feature, there are certainly many more people wanting this hidden somewhere. And since I am sure this is very easy to implement, and as you guys have said, it is offered by most other voip companies... I would think Phone Power would want to put this feature in place just for the sake of wanting to be the BEST of all voip companies.

And the more I think about it, I could probably use this feature too. Might be nice on those Caller IDs that do not contain a name. When I am watching TV and the Caller ID pops up 999-999-9999 UNAVAILABLE, I would not have to sit there and scramble my brains out trying to remember who that is. Happens to me all the time... friends are getting cell phones and there is never a name attached with Verizon Wireless callers.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun

said by Bob Tele Man :

Although I do not care about And since I am sure this is very easy to implement, and as you guys have said, it is offered by most other voip companies... I would think Phone Power would want to put this feature in place just for the sake of wanting to be the BEST of all voip companies.

When I read this I had to chuckle... First, if it was easy to implement I'm sure PP would have done it by now? Second there is not "best" VoIp" provider people use what fits their needs, budget, experience level, etc. It is a tradeoff...that is like someone saying that X wants to have the best car. We all know that is not possible. Everything in life is a tradeoff. That being said for the people that are having such a cow over it can either uprgade to the newer network or get a pair of new Uniden phones that have custom caller ID built it.

Bob Tele Man
@verizon.net

Bob Tele Man

Anon

Yeah, but it is like this... all the car companies have the basics like AM/FM radio. I think an owner of a $60,000 car would be kind of unhappy if he would told he could not have a sound system in their car. I don't know the situation. I just know that I have read many posts about this feature.

I think what these guys are saying is that they choose PhonePower in their minds because they feel PhonePower is the BEST, but at the same time PowerPower lacks a feature that is very important to them.

Just like a little cell company here offers caller ID with name but Verizon and AT&T do not. I would love caller ID with name on my cell phone, but I am not switching to that other cell company to get it, because their signal is too poor.

Jim L
@uslec.net

Jim L

Anon

I will agree with you Bob about a company being a best. In my opinion, Phone Power is the BEST, which is why I have them. But, I do feel there are many things that Phone Power can improve, such as their web portal. Everything is scattered on a page and arranged differently for each page.

When I was a Broadvoice customer in 2004-2005, I thought they had a very nice web portal, but Broadvoice simply sucks as a provider. Worst customer service, never reply to emails, and after a 1 month outage because Broadvoice did not pay their bills to their upstream provider, I said goodbye to Broadvoice, and would NEVER go back to them.

So even though I think Phone Power is the best, I would love it if they had a web portal similar to Broadvoice.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to ruve1k

Premium Member

to ruve1k
said by ruve1k:

Why not? This is a very basic feature that most voip providers include. Also, usually people only spend the time entering someone's contact info because that is how they want to see their name displayed when they call.
How long would it take to implement this given that it already has been successfully implemented on the older network?

I've been begging for two years to get them to include the CALLER ID NAME in the voicemail-to-email messages they send out. No dice. I think the powers at be at this company do not see any value in caller ID name info.
ruve1k
join:2010-08-07
Kew Gardens, NY

1 recommendation

ruve1k

What would really make sense is for PP to set up a list of potential features and allow users (or potential users) to vote on what is important to them.

Google has something like this for additional Gmail features (and they've already implemented most of the good ones.) »mail.google.com/support/ ··· tions.cs
(.. I know, I know, it's unfair to compare PhonePower to Google.)

Microsoft has set up Connect which is a forum of sorts that allows users to report bugs, issues and feature requests. Then Microsoft prioritizes the fixes and enhancements based on the attention that these items get from their constituents.

By encouraging users to vote on features, PP can get a better sense of what their user base really wants instead of relying on these forum posts where all the attention goes to the most vocal users.

topgun
join:2011-01-31

topgun

As stated above the "enhancements" will hopefully allow both networks to have a more uniform feature set? If nothing else allow Aquarius to have all the old features Capricorn did.