spc
Search similar:

uniqs
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan

[Asterisk] Asterisk 1.8 -> GoSub -> CDR Extension Strangeness

Now that Asterisk 1.8 has been mainstream for some time, I've just upgraded from Asterisk 1.4. I previously used Macros for all sorts of things, including incoming and outgoing call routines. Because they have apparently become extinct with the newer Asterisk version, I've replaced all my Macros with similar GoSubs.

Here's the problem I'm hoping you can help me solve: My CDR logs, which previously showed the dialed number in the "DST" field, now show "s" (or "_X.", depending on how I write the gosub). In short, the "DST" field shows the extension that's matched in the GoSub rather than the dialed number. I've been able to add a user field which replaces some of this functionality but - for the sake of consistency with prior calls - would far prefer to restore the "DST" field to its former state.

I've searched the web and found multiple discussions relating to this problem. The most useful post I've found is this bug report:

»issues.asterisk.org/view ··· id=13799

... which concluded that there's really no bug: ...the examples have been updated, but there is no code change necessary.

I've reviewed and tried to emulate the example code in extensions.conf but couldn't find an obvious fix. Perhaps I lack sufficient Asterisk experience to decipher what's written between the lines.

Have you run across this before? If so, I'd appreciate your thoughts.